Thursday, September 30, 2010

No thanks, I'm allergic

What the fuck? I currently am feeling HIGHLY claustrophobic. There's a frat/sorority bake sale going on in the lobby of the student union where I work. They unfortunately couldn't set up their table in front of the booksale because our food distributor decided to be nice on this foggy (yet again) Thursday with complimentary coffee and cookies. I think this was because a new edition of the school newspaper came out. But their bake sale table is set up right next to the front desk on my left side. And there is a SWARM of sorority sisters in that area. Shit there's even a sister behind my fucking desk. Like standing right over me as I write this (I think I had class with her before. She's nice but still wahhh). I had to tilt the computer screen  away. So I look awkward with the keyboard on my lap and my friend MK who is working with me now keeps laughing at me because this uncomfortability is obvious by the stink-eye look on my face. I swear to God if another combs her fucking hair over my desk, I'm gonna break out into a seizure just so they can get scared and leave.

Great. Now that some of the sisters have left to get lunch, the ones still around are even closer to me. UGHHHH. If I have to hear one of them talk about their past aspirations of becoming child stars I'm going to pee on their unsold cuppy cakes.

My friend just asked me if I've ever had sex with a 47 year-old male from Africa in the last 15 years. Not quite used to questions like those but I kinda wouldn't mind it either*

*I'm not saying I have had sex with a 47 year-old man from Africa. And he asked this because that was just one of the stupid questions they ask you when you donate blood. Blood donations are going on as well on this busy Thursday.

Okay, the letter baby munchkins are dispersing and the girl isn't behind my desk anymore. I'm starting to feel better. Now the only thing that is slightly bothering me is how I have to listen to them talk about god knows what.

I recently got a crackberry (aka Blackberry) and texting on it all the fucking time is making my fingers hurt a lot. I've been texting and BBMing like a fiend that I was walking to work (with my face in my phone) and realized I had to pee. I'm walking into what I think is the Women's restroom but to my view I see a stall and two urinals. FUCK ME I'M IN THE WRONG BATHROOM. I bolt out the door and luckily no one was around to see this happen.

Now the lobby is clear except for me, MK, our cool  custodian friend who I've blogged about before, and some left over free cookies. I swear it was such a bad idea to have the newspaper come out on a Thursday when I'm scheduled to work and they give out free cookies. Because the last thing I need are more cookies accumulating on my ass.
The reason for the title of this post is because my friend Leonard and I have a running joke about how I am allergic to people sometimes and a lot of them, at times, can overwhelm me (too bad I'm not allergic to food). More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment