Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fader.

This is turning into a ridiculous cycle of laziness but lemme just say that I am turning into a bigger sloth than my nugget roommate - aka the RC stealer...who hasn't been stealing remote controls lately so that's good. But she is one of the hardest people to wake up and I refuse to wait for her when I have errands to run at Target...goes like this via text...

Me: Are you mad that I went to target without u?
Sleepy nugget sloth: No its fine. I understand u wanted to go. I just wanted to run errands with u....

How cute is she? My little nugget wanted to roam Target with me for heavy duty wall adhesive and a water filter.

Random recent annoyance: fucking flies that are still in the house. It's fucking 50 degrees. It's cold. You don't belong here. Go fly down south with geese cira Fly Away Home starring Anna Paquin & Jeff Daniels. Seriously.

I bought prune juice the other day because for some odd reason I'm just unsatisfied with my regularity. Thought I'd point that out. Nbd.

I went to The Temper Trap concert last night with a red-head I will refer to as Ames. Or Pumpkin. Or Goobytits. Or A/P/G if I decide to refer to her as all three names. She's silly yet fun and she could give two shits if she annoys the hell out of the dumbest, most God-awful tweens we saw at the concert last night. I'm sorry but if you're gonna smother the railing of the front row at Terminal 5 at least have a good fucking time. If you're just gonna stand there and stroke each other's faces and play games on your stupid little iphones then fucking go sit in the back. I was this close to spraying them with my pepper spray. And Ames/Pumpkin/Goobytits did everything she could to annoy them. And she also tried with all her red-headed might to annoy the shit outta this Geico commercial Caveman look-a-like who was simply standing there. Hand on railing. Not moving. Dude, fuck off with the tweens. Oh, A/P/G was workin' it, dancing on him and everything. I helped a bit but at the same time she was in awe by his Caveman hair.*

Happy birfday, Pump :)
*Let me just add here how A/P/G does not play around at concerts. This is the first concert I've been to with her and although the concert ticket was a birthday present for her AND she's never been to a so-called "mellow concert before" (despite it not being so mellow haha), when she wants to go to the front, the bitch makes her way up there. She PUSHED her way through the mean scabs last night and had no shame. Literally, the shame was not there and if it was I could not tell. Epic. Good times with tha Goobytitter. 

Listen to this WHOLE album. Thanks. 
The Hundred and the Hands (or what we like to call One Hundred Hands as we do a sort of "spirit-finger" type hand wave) and Delphic opened for TTT. We miss the Hands band but we didn't really care. We caught up on life in a donut-shaped pavillion and drank white wine from water bottles. Uber classy might I add. Delphic's song "Doubt" was A/P/G's fave because the song consisted mainly of just vowels, ones that make up her initials might I add.

TTT came on around 10:50pm. A nice girl behind us called it. And she also hated the two tweens up front as much as we did making her equally as cool as us - shout out: Whoever you are, you rock!

The lead singer was Asian. Kudos! He looked like he was Filipino (holla) or from Bali (word up). And had no Australian accent (huh?) even though the band is from Melbourne.

They were FAMAZING live. My friend Leonard said so prior to the concert. She saw them last Monday after winning tickets to a private performance. She would win such things.
The Temper Trap @ Terminal 5
Photo compliments to my spiffy phone :)
They ended with an Encore including a new song that I tried to download today by sharing all of my dumb info with their main website and was greeted by numerous error pages. Thanks so much but I'll still buy your shiz on iTunes when it comes out. Hopefully it'll leak on YouTube before the release date but that's just me being a mean fan ;)

If you have no idea who this band is, I suggest you become acquainted with them. If you're a fan of Kings of Leon (be-tee-dubs their new album comes out this month!) you'll like TTT. The lead singer can hit those high notes like a fat lady opera singer but not so much. If you're cool and saw one of my favorite movies, 500 Days of Summer, their song "Sweet Disposition" is in that. Listen here to join the cool club: "Sweet Disposition" by the Temper Trap

Other great songs include "Love Lost", "Fader", and "Down River" (which I went nuts to when they played that last night)

Cool fun band fact: the lead singer (who turns out is from Indonesia and is named Dougy) stated at the concert last night that all of their merch sales from their concerts go towards a charity called Buzz-Off, where the proceeds go toward helping small countries and non-governmental organizations address the threats of mosquito-borne illnesses all over the world. To learn more about the organization and how you, along with The Temper Trap, can defeat Malaria click here: http://buzzoff.org/news.php

A band who helps in an effort to saving the galaxy we live in is a band worth listening to...and definitely worth seeing live :)

No comments:

Post a Comment