Friday, September 17, 2010

I see you shine in your way // Go on, go on, go on.

Such an amazing line by an amazing band who I AM SEEING TONIGHT! WHOOP WHOOP HAMBURGER FLAP JACK LOVER MUFF! Vampire Weekend is sauce. Actually, they are currently THE sauce. "Giving up the gun" is my current ringtone and will most likely stay like that for a while :)

How I scored tickets to a sold out show, for face value, in orchestra seats, at Radio City Music Hall, on a Friday night? Good ol' fashion CL, that's how. My city love slooter LT and I will be meeting a man with our tickets. Pray we won't get lured into a secret drug ring...wrong place, wrong time kinda shit. This will be my second time seeing the Brooklyn quartet (the first time was in Oz where I also saw Empire of the Sun, Tegan & Sara, Spoon, & others at Groovin' the Moo, a music festival in Bunbury).

It'll be bliss hearing them live. They are utter amazing, beautific and every other positive, spark-like word in the book...Igniteful? nay nay, not English...sure as hell ain't California English either (you have to be a fan to get that joke, sonz).

Vampire Weekend @ Groovin' the Moo in Bunbury, WA. May 2010
I took this pic :)
Here is a link to their official webbysite: http://www.vampireweekend.com/

And here is a Youtuber of their video "Cousins" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e0u11rgd9Q

They're so cute and seudo-preppy; check out their "Oxford Comma" vid; classic suits in FarmTown, Amuuurica: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_i1xk07o4g

I was so close to having to work tonight...was so dumb, forgot to check the weekend schedule until my boss sent out a reminder e-mail telling everyone who is on for this weekend. AND OF COURSE my dumbass doesn't look at it...too busy pissing in utter enjoyment about the concert. After several e-mails to my fellow building managers, I find someone to switch shifts...hello 10-hour shift tomorrow. But it'll be so worth it. I'm seeing my lovers tonight. Ezra, you single?

And who says life has to suck? Sacrifices, man. Gotta make dem sacrifices sometimes. When God closes a door, he opens the attic...that has one of those small, circular windows in them. The trick is to workout so much that you fit through that little circular window. So far, I'm half way thru that window. Just gotta get these tix, yo!
Latest album "Contra" Doesn't she look like a young Kim Basinger?

No comments:

Post a Comment