Thursday, September 2, 2010

i wanna see ya drip sweat...

as the school year starts, one begins to notice how the sun is still beating down on baby college students. You start to see the sweat marks on people's shirts, the heavy breathing and whining, and I personally experience that line of sweat that drags down your spine and enters your coin slot. Ladies and gentlemen, meet summer. Yes, that season that is still in session when you start a new school year.

An important event that happens on campus at the start of every school year is the Involvement Fair. The student union parking lot is filled to the brim with student clubs and organizations that froshies as well as all students can sign up to join...to get involved. Because no one wants to be that LoseRrRrR not involved with at least one school activity.

Considering that the Advertising club does not exist anymore, to my surprise (like really, what the fuck?! but i wasn't too surprised because it was a bit disorganized and no one really did stuff and i wasn't there last semester because i was doing amazing thingers in a different country that had nothing to do with the club. But woof, ad club you will be missed). I joined some clubs that include meetings that i probably won't go to (i mean, i will try!)...

I joined the TV club, because my friend is the president of the club and said I could do advertising-esque things for the club..plus she wants to make a TV show featuring my friend Tor and I. Concept is still in the works :)

I also joined...for some odd reason, the social work club. It has nothing to do with my major but a friend of mine said she'd join the advertising club and agreed to join the social work club. However, this is when i found out ad club died and she didn't forget about asking me to sign up. I did though because she said i didn't have to go to meetings. But the events sound cool...i'm willing to lend a helping hand. I'm nice like that..sometimes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment