Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Good Ol' Days

Considering my life is uber busy now that I'm a senior (which sucks because I forget who a majority of my friends look like but not the ones who still remember who I am and text me once in a while to meet up hardy har har) I didn't get to post Sunday's events.

Sunday was the first time I was able to sleep in. But I ended up waking up on my own around 8:30 in the morning. So much for sleeping in. And I woke up feeling some slight effects to my cold. Waking up with no voice is really fun. Especially if there ever comes a time where a rabid beast is in my house and I have no way of waking up my roommates to let them know that they will die soon after me.*

*I'm actually in the house by myself a majority of the time so they may not die. But find my body ripped in several pieces all over our living space. 

After drinking massive amounts of OJ (some pulp included) I was still feeling like shit. But they say to take lots of Vitamin C so I try to do that. Today my old suitemates from sophomore year were going to go see our other old suitemate who transferred back home to her native Syracuse. Her mom and her were visiting her aunt in New Jersey so my old suitemate Tara wanted us to come surprise her with our presence. I haven't seen Kyle in well over a year and she's always been someone I've admired because she's such a big bunch of sunshineyness. I wish I could take doses of her good attitude if I was ever in a crabby mood. Her and I knew each other, along with my other suitemates since freshmen year and all lived in a suite together sophomore year. I must say, that was such a fun year and a great dorm to live in (I miss you South Hall...045 what uppp).
How else to enjoy President's Day Weekend? Winter 2008
Man, I'm a looker. 

Kyle was my immediate roommate and I must say she was the best roommate anyone could've asked for. Super laid back and very friendly, this girl could make a rock feel comfortable being a...rock. She tends to be a space cadet sometimes and a little quirky but that adds to her ability to be liked...and she sure as hell made me laugh. She always gave me the best advice especially when we rowed together and I would piss myself/cry frantically before a 2k test - "It's only 8 minutes of your life. You could be doing nothing with those 8 minutes...you'll be just fine."


It was sad to know she was transferring to another school back in Syracuse after the end of sophomore year. And it didn't really sink in for me until junior year. I saw this silly ball of sunshine once when Junior year started but we exchanged a brief hug (both in drunken state) late one night as we were going to our different house parties. And then time passed and Australia happened and before you knew it, it was senior year. WHHAAAA BAM!! And I hadn't spoken to her since.

So when my old suitemate Tara told me they were leaving to go see her and if I wanted to come, I said definitely. But there still lingered a worry that she wouldn't wanna see me. As weird as it sounded...but Kyle is super friendly to all who cross her path but me coming outta left field for the first time in over a year would probably be a surprise she wouldn't wanna see at the time. I went regardless because I missed the sound of her voice. It's just so...sunshiney :)

When the four of us (Tara, Me, Stacy Face, & Lauren Crab) drove over the GW to see her I got nervous. But to my surprise she was ecstatic to see us all. I told her after lunch how nervous I was, but just like Kyle does, she reassured me that I was a good surprise :)
Some of South 045. Good times. 


Along with the other chicas, it was great to catch up with them. I still see them occasionally but after Sunday, I realized how much fun I had with these girls. Doing big things my senior can't go without them.

Shout out to mah bitties from South 45: Kyle, Tara "Narky", Stacy Face, Lauren Crab, Mama Doves, Eric, Vanessa, Krista, & Ballsack.


Absolute Ridiculousness in 45 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment