Thursday, September 16, 2010

Not season appropriate.

I thought of this when I spotted my first siting of inappropriate garb on campus. I've been doing this since freshmen with my old suitemate/former roommate/greatest dance I know, Doves. I remember when we were froshy babies how we would see all the Westchester Glamorites drive to campus in there beastly vehicles that usually blasted Hip-Hop and/or Albanian dance music. This is not Pacha, this is not Webster Hall..fucking turn down your music, no one gives a shit how fast your car goes. There are too many speed bumps on campus to even act like you're Paul Walker from Fast & the Furious.

Back to inappropriate clothing...Doves (pronounced d-OH!-ves) and i would usually try to spot scabs wearing UGGs...when it's still flip-flop season. Even nice sandals apply. But UGGs? Noi noi noi. Not yet. It does get chilly, yes, I agree. BUT it still is nice out. Like 70 degrees nice out. That's not UGG season unless you're trying to lose some foot weight via sweat. The best advice I could give is cut your legs off so they don't get cold.

The same thing goes for jean shorts in the gym. Khakis too. Basically follow this rule: if you're dressed up to go out to a casual place, don't wear that to the gym. If you're in Soffe shorts, a t-shirt of any kind, a beater, things with the Adidas, Nike, Underarmour, Northface, Champion, etc. logo that is probably appropriate to get sweaty in. A water bottle and ipod would be appropes too.

I know I can't judge people on what they wear, but there's nothing wrong of taking notice of things that annoy me.

Annoying story from earlier
I had my first day of crew practice this afternoon. Rowing is one of those sports that is known for early morning practices. It's probably the only sport that has early morning practices. But this season we have practice in the afternoon. Which sucks. Balls. Major. Balls. For two and a half seasons I've been used to waking up with the sun, the smell of goose shit filling my nostrils as my bright-eyed and bushy-tailed self rowed at Glen Island at 6am with the "prestigious" NYAC members and Pelham Rowing Club on the water around the same time. It was beautiful to see the sun rise on the water. It was also more convenient to get a workout finished with before your day starts so you don't have to worry about it later on. And waking up at 5:30 in the morning is something that can be easy to get used to...to me at least.

missing the early morning rows :(
But yeah, our practice is in the afternoon and considering my schedule WAS MADE WITH ROWING PRACTICE IN MIND, THINKING IT'D BE IN THE MORNING STILL - my earliest class not starting til 930am & 10am everyday, giving me enough time to get ready after practice - it kinda puts a damper on my schedule. I now have to show up to my 3, yes THREE, night classes, looking disheveled, rushed, feeling hungry, sweaty and in workout clothes. Not the kind of impression I wanna make toward my professors and peers.

I was a little late to my Exercise Science class. The one I take with Chalk (read 2nd or 3rd blog to understand this). I come in with my friend Brian who is also a bit sweaty. Attendance was not taken yet and everyone was still talking. We sit down in the first seats we find: in the front-middle of class. We hear some snickers or whatever and as I sit down the air blows this slight body ordorific smell my way. I sniff here and there around myself to see if it was me but no. Brian sits in front of chalk, his shirt still wet from practice. Then, a stupid cunt I've had heaps of classes with in the past says in her Dominican accent, "Ugh, can we turn the air off? It's keeping the room cool but its circulating that onion smell, and I just washed mah hurr and I don't want it to smell like onions!" This was a bit sarcastic/being slightly obvious to the two student athlets who just came back from erging on campus and rushed to class. I don't turn around, I don't make any remarks. I keep my frustration and insincerity to myself. And secretly wish she gets a mysterious wave of pain and has explosive diarrhea in her seat. Now that would definitely smell worse than onions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment