Monday, September 13, 2010

Friday nights are for battered arms and barefoot walks.

When I don't have time to blog I tend to take down notes so I remember to inform the world of what I've been up to...as if I were Lebron James and need to inform the public on what team I've decided to sign with...because I'm just sooo frickin' popular. Plus these are things that I, myself don't wanna forget.

I ended my school week with a much deserved date night with the best friend in the city. We haven't done one of these shin-digs since...well, hmm good question. You could say it started Thursday night when we saw Eat Pray Love together, which in both of our opinions, lacked plot, was super long, and the ending was rushed to finish. Mehh. I guess the myth that a book is always better than the movie it's based on still applies.

Friday night, we galavanted to the city with, to me, plans that actually held true (besides, some frosted flake fwiends but hey, in my biffle's own words, "We can have our own fun!"). After walking by the C.O. Bigelow pharmacy with a long azz line in front of it, we were curious to see what was all the commotion. Of course, Jersey Shore-itis has hit the big city and the beauty/health retailer was hosting a meet and greet for none other than...drumrollllll...Vinny Guadagnino. Yes. I know. I'm terribly sorry America that my life isn't entertaining enough to be put on TV...being a financially-struggling college senior just isn't enough to be stereotyped i guess. Did I mention that I am also a collegiate athlete? Yeahhhh, suck on that TV pitch, MTV!

We were too hungry to meet the Sicilian hottie wit a bodyyy. We hitch a cab to our favorite watering hole: Cooper 35. This magnificent low key "Asian Pub" houses cheap eats and stronggg drinks with these awesome straws that have you chugging rather than sipping. It's an eclectic crowd that includes NYU attendees and a lotta Asians. Despite my racial ambiguousity, being around fellow Asians is not the reason why we go. It may be because we've been going here since we were freshmen :)

After dinner and drinks, we say hello to Kayla's cousin in his new apartment that also houses Twilight star Ashley Greene. BUT THAT'S BESIDE THE POINT. While my Midwestern nugget friend was whining about her heels on the a sidewalk, I noticed a tall, handsome man cross the street. He had a fall-appropriate coat on and he looked like he was pacing fast and inconspicuously. He was on his phone and once he crossed the street and passed me on the corner where I stood I realized it was John Krasinski. Yes. I know. I shoulda fucking ran after him and get a pic. I beat the shit outta my friend's arm as I stood speechless in utter freakout mode.

After a few bystanders stared at my teenie-bopperness I explain to Kayla who I just saw. After hearing this, she takes out her crackberry and I knowww she's going to BBM all her fans about who she just saw when THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT I SAW HIM FIRST. Hell, she even asked me what his last name was..oh hell no, this was all me. My find my find!

We make it up to her cousin's apartment that comes with a pretty receptionist in the lobby who calls his apartment to inform him of our presence. His place was beautific and came with a spectacular view of the L.E.S. We played a game of catch-up then made it over to west 35th for a friend's 21st birfday celebwation at a karaoke bar. Made an appearance then like old ladies do, we yawn and agree to catch the next train back because we be tiiiiired.

We both wore heels that night and like we did freshmen year after wearing heels one night out, we gave into pain and rocked the streets of Manhattan barefoot. This did not mirror Barefoot in the Park by any means. We greeted germs and sidewalk diseases and caught the attention of some locals that included two black men who I told didn't want to get hit by cars and to be careful crossing the streets. They kept us company and in good humor for about 2 blocks until we parted ways. I was even reprimanded by a cab driver who yelled, "Put your shoes on, girl! Work those heels!" There was nothing I could do but smile and accept the fact that my friend and I look sooo unsanitary. With every step, was a new disease I was probably getting.
Dirty nuggets, circa sophomore fall 2008.

Right foot: Syphylis
Left foot: Gonorhea
Right foot: Herpes
Left foot: Chlamydia

And so forth.

I live for nights like this...fun. Pure enjoyment. Good company. And random moments (with or without celeb sitings).

Like I said, a fantabulous ending to a stress-ridden past two and a half weeks :)

BUT WAIT! There's more...read on, read on.

PS: I just want to add that walking barefoot through the streets is not odd for us. We do it at least twice a year when wearing painful footwear becomes too unbearable. We know of the risks. Alas, we are risk taskers. Bring it on, street-feet-scumzillahhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment