Wednesday, September 1, 2010

We'll leave the light on for ya.

You ever get the urge to go see a scary movie because you crave that rush from being frightened? Mmm yea, I didn't think so but I do. And I usually regret it the next day when I wake up extremely tired from the lack of sleep I got the night before. I'm usually wondering if someone will be standing over me, watching me sleep or try to kill me after I shower. Shit, I'm scared now.

Last night a bunch of friends and I went to go see that movie The Last Exorcism. I ranted and raved about seeing it for weeks and when I finally got into the theater I regretted it completely. What was great about it though was that it mirrored The Office in the first half of the film. It was one of those documentary-esque films but like The Office, it had those awkward funny moments. You'll have to see it to understand.

What was also great was that my friend Tor came with and she would crack up sooo loud in the theater, her boyf would tell her to shut up. Greatness. She got the whole row of us cracking up sometimes, which alleviated the times that were actually scary. Something about bitches having demons inside them is really creepy. One of my fears is that I'm gonna walk into a room and find someone up on the ceiling or sitting on top of something really high and just, you know, sit there. With shiny red boots. Woof.

I felt bad for my friend Bryan who I sat next to. I don't think I ever saw a scary movie with him but I was pretty obnoxious. I screamed really loud at one point and I don't do attention-seeking things in public. But it was a dark theater and our whole row was pretty interesting to watch considering Tor would wet herself for five straight minutes, laughing hysterically. Then I would follow suit.

***Sidenote: I'm in the library right now writing this and I really have to fart but I'm not going to. And there's a girl making weird stretching noises behind me. She just dropped something on the floor***

The ending...let's just not go there. It wasn't what I expected but it was creepy as fuck. Southerners, woof. I still had trouble falling asleep. My friend crashed at our place last night on our couch and I gladly crashed there with her. There was no way I was falling asleep alone in my room after seeing that shiz.

One thing to keep in mind was that the movie took place in the south...and the south is known for, you know, odd things...and people.

Not to spoil the film for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, some highlights that were to die for (no pun intended): Becky, red boots, and Latin. Just saying :)



"Whatchy'alldoin?"

No comments:

Post a Comment