Saturday, September 18, 2010

I think you're a contra.

So last night's concert of epic proportions was absolutely famazing. Phenom phenom phenom. nom nom nom*
Overflowage...not okay. 
*I say the noms because I'm currently struggling with an Oriental Chicken Salad from the Ave, and lemme tell ya: these fucking salads need to be pre-dressed. Reason for this is because I'm not one of those "dippers" who fork some of the greenery, and dip it into the molasses-like Sesame Ginger Dressing. I like my dressing already on tha greeeeens. Also, they fill up the whole overweight-grenade of a plastic container with foliage, it's as if Peter Rabbit was starving and needed to eat; when you go to mix the dressing into the salad, shit gets everywhere and it's just a mess of a meal. Finally, after about fifteen minutes of bitching & slowly making sure every leaf, scallion, chicken nibblet, and tomato is coated in Asian goodness, I can finally SCARF!

But yeah, as I was saying...the concert was so great. I lurved seeing them again. AND, I didn't die when I was getting the tickets. Girl in pink cardigan, as she told me over the phone, met us at the corner of Radio City Music Hall. She wasn't bummy to my surprise, unlike the last time I met up with someone to buy tickets (old woman with a beard who was selling my friends and I tickets to see Jack's Mannequin at the Fillmore two years ago...this woman was so out of it, she forgot that she gave my friend a ticket already and hence, gives her another. So we got 4 tickets for the price of 3. But we sucked at scalping the extra one).

My glam jam city bugger LT accompanied me to the concert. She is, in one word...beatific (and I'm not just saying that because it's tatted somewhere on her secret bits..HA! totally joking, it's actually on her wrist). I could've said she was entertaining considering she was willing to yell "Julia Gulia" around Radio City last night trying to find the Julia in a pink cardigan who had our tickets. But in all reality she's been a regular companion to most concerts I've been to in the city (i.e. The Killers, Jack's Mannequin, & this VW one). As well as being superdy duperdy fun every time I galavant with her.

Leonard & I at the Killers Concert @ MSG back in 2009
Sidenote: I was actually really happy with myself when I picked up LT at her place in Murray Hill because I got there all by myself :) Didn't get lost or nuffin'

Upon entering the movie theater-esque music hall, we stumble upon an open bar calling our names. Vodka on the rocks sounded better than it tasted going down. We also took advantage of the Women's Lounge that we didn't know was the bathroom until entering the vast sitting area connected to a bunch of bathroom stalls.

Our seats were in the orchestra section. The Dum Dum Girls were on but we used that time to scope out some potential alcohol suppliers considering that we were struggling college students living paycheck to paycheck. Modern versions of Oliver Twist we were. After the epic fail, we split a pretzel and listen to Beach House. We were both ready to take naps to their serene music playing when finally VW comes on a little after 10pm.

While LT, who I will often refer to as Leonard my NYC boyfrannn from now on, serenaded me to V-Dubs, I made a friend who sat next to me. His name I will not disclose but he was nice, older than me (24), graduate student at a nearby university, decently appealing, and started up small talk with me first :) LT said, "Jules, his head is as big as my knuckles!" Regardless, we were similar in height, him being slightly taller than me and to me, every inch counts. He may have had a head the size of edamame but he was nice...and was a fan of VW. He asked for my number at the end of the show while LT's man friend sitting next to her opted to watch the Beatific LT show rather than the concert itself. He was fascinated by her height as she towered over me in her black, seude booties. The Maine couldn't have described her any better: "Eyes like sunsets and legs that went on for days."

1 comment:

  1. "a head the size of edamame"

    i miss you jules. don't know where you come up this shit, but its great.

    ReplyDelete