Saturday, September 18, 2010

Time to make the donuts.

After an amazing concert, reality set back in...and this was around 1am this morning when I came back from the city knowing I had to wake up in 5 hours for none other than...CREW PRACTICE. The infamous early morning practices that I've been used to since freshmen year were put into effect but only for Saturdays. This is when the whole of our team would be united to row all at the same practice. And to my amazement, a shit ton of walk-ons came to practice & recruits as well. But that's pretty standard in the beginning of the season: a lot of people sign up, practice for a few days, then decide that rowing just isn't their forte. But we'll see how this season pans out because practices are in the afternoon during the week rather than the ass crack of dawn, which i prefer to be completely honest.

We rolled up to Glen Island in my baybay Sheila, who's been running really well since she came back from rehab (service center) last week. The geese were lookin' fiiiine this season. They are all over the island and tend to shit everyyywhere. While the babies got their crash course lesson into rowing, I rowed in a 4 with three recruits. And boy, did my hands take a beating (or as I stated in my Facebook status: "my hands are taking a beating from these long, hard shafts I'm man-handling...alas, crew season has begun")...it got several great reviews from fwiends of miiiine. 


Here is what my rowing wounds looked like last season:
     
Don't mind the pennies, I had an activity to do in STL. 
A week or two after. 

And those are just my hands! I tend to feel more sore when rowing season starts. Soreness all over: my back, my arms, my hamstrings, my KNEEEEES. But I like feeling sore for some odd reason. I think it's because I feel that I'm using muscles that I haven't used in a long time and it's good to know that I'm using them now! Yet, I am not buff like those Olympians :\

Something that I've been putting to good use are these spiffy Jesus band-aids my best friend got me for Christmas one year...for a reason I do not know. I use this little fritters on the really bad blisters. Guess it's true that Jesus heals.


Great night last night but it's time to get back into the regular routine...of goose poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment