Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Shake down the thunder from the sky..."

And I thought it was going to rain this week. It looks dark and gloomy currently...

***SIDENOTE***
I was eavesdropping on a tour that just came in. The tour guide referred to our book store/merch place as the "Spirit Shop." Uhhh nay, nay. Don't do that again, prease. We don't have our school mascot popping out from under the hoodies and hats getting people to buy stuff in there. And I just saw what I thought was a girl wearing a red bandana oddly but it was actually her hair. It was bright pink with little streaks of black through it. What was so great though was that she totally worked and OWNED that hurr of hers. 

I'm hoping it won't rain but it probably will and then practice will be indoors and I'll upchuck all the cookies I had at work. Great. But it doesn't matter because I'M ROADTRIPPING TO SOUTH BEND, INDIANA TO SEE MY STUDY ABROAD BIDDIES AT NOTRE DAME. HOLLAHHHH!

Do I know the fight songs or whatever? Nope. Have I watched Rudy? Noi. Am I going to, temporarily, be converted into a Fightin' Irish(wo)man? Hellz yeah. And I am stoked. I need to get me some gold & blue merch and rep my Irish Guinness fwiends back in New Ro.

I'm hoping this weekend is going to be epic and with the great company who will be greeting/hosting us this weekend, I have a feeling I have nothing to worry about (except maybe someone getting too drunk and getting lost somewhere. Possibly sleep walking outside of an apartment complex, cough, cough Mary). But wait, I'm a guest so maybe I'm immune from babysitting? We'll see. Shit, I hope I don't need to be babysat. Eeeep.

I type with excitement. And kinda in a hurry. I have mad shit to still do before I leave tonight after my nightclass. I still need to frickin' pack. And print out homework and go to practice. Meh. All I know is that this weekend is gonna be great. AND I'll be going to first ever Notre Dame football game. They're playing Western Michigan this Saturday. And if they win, a mad rager will ensue. Even if they lose I'm sure we'll still rage on.

"Rally sons of Notre Dame,
Sing her glory, and sound her fame
Raise her Gold and Blue,
And cheer with voices true,
Rah! Rah! For Notre Dame."
Can't wait to be reunited with many of these animals :)



PS: Just saw a girl walk into our "Spirit Shop" wearing A Reese's Peanut Butter Cup hoodie. Wow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment