Monday, October 11, 2010

Awake my soul.

Back in New Ro. Ugh. I got here surprisingly early enough to make it to work on time. Yeah, I had to work. So instead of spending more time with mama, who I had to sadly say goodbye to this morning, I have to be in an EMPTY student union minding the desk.*
*Mind you, my mom insisted on packing things nicely and neatly into my car before I left. She even wanted to wipe down my windows but I said, "MOM! Stop! Just stop please. I don't need you to that." "Okay, okay," she said rushing all over the place. I feel as if she was trying to do things just to stall me from leaving even though I was already running behind schedule. I gave her a big hug and a kiss goodbye and assured her I'd call her when I got back. As I pulled out of the driveway and waved goodbye to her as she stood at the edge of the driveway with a blank smile and sad wave, I drove off. I didn't even get off of my street when I started to tear up. Why is leaving home so hard now?


Also, I went to go see my best friend from home before I left. We've kept missing each other every time I come home and I don't know if I'll see her for Thanksgiving or Christmas (makes me uber sad just thinking about it) so I had to see her even if it was for a little bit. I woke up at 7am and drove to her place to catch up quickly before having to get back to beat traffic. My mom told me when I came home this morning that Bill wanted to say bye to me but I told her, "That doesn't make sense because he didn't talk to me at all this weekend, so why is he trying to say 'bye'?". "I know, I know," she replied back. 


All in all, I jammed out to a little bit of commercial radio until Mumford & Sons helped me on the way back. God, I wanna learn the banjo and hang out with Irish musicians by a campfire and laugh and hoot and holler. I had to work at noon. I left haome at 9:05am after getting my Thai Iced Coffee at Brew Ha Ha (Mmm thoroughly missed and enjoyed). I came back at 11:25am. All the way from Delaware. Accomplishment. 
Buy this, listen to it, and sing with them.
No events are going on at work and I'm sure everyone is sleeping in or still hanging out at home except the girl who just walked in parched out the ying yang. "Hi, how are you?" I asked. "Miserable," she says sadly, "is there anywhere I can just get a drink? All the other places are closed, is there anything open?" "Yes, of course!" I say pointing to the cafeteria to my right. "Thanks," she said relieved. I like helping people. The poor thing needed a drink like a wittle UNICEF baybay. God, I can smell my feet thru my Keds and it ain't fun. Fuck. Power washing these bad boys after work and before practice. Last thing I wanna smell while I row is rank feet. Yuck!

"AND MY HEAD TOLD MY HEART, 'LET LOVE GROW,'
BUT MY HEART TOLD MY HEAD, 'THIS TIME NO,'
YES MY HEART TOLD MY HEAD, 'THIS TIME NO, THIS TIME NO.'"

Oh, "Winter Winds," you are great to belt out at the top of my lungs along with the rest of the album. I need to remember to give it back to my friend Frank the Tank.

I didn't listen to them until mid-Australia, because my friend, who I will name Black Cat with Green Eyes saw them in concert there and fell in lurve. "Little Lion Man" soon became one of our house's theme songs. I'm glad to know that I'm ahead of the musical curve knowing music that is NOW popular when I listened to the songs way before many people knew about them. This happens all the time and my best friend nugget gets so annoyed when I say, "This song has been on my ipod for ages," or "Yeah, I knew this song wayy before lolz." She's just jealous though rahahahaha. Yet, she'll tell people we meet that I am an almanac full of fun facts and that my music library is fully stocked like a frat house refridgerator. Makes sense, huh? Baha. Ha. Ha. Ha.
See what all the hype is about: "Little Lion Man" by Mumford & Sons

All I gotta do this week is survive for 4 days until I make it to South Bend, Indiana to see my study abroad biddies at Notre Dame. Yah, THE Notre Dame. FUCKING FOOTBALL SEASON, BITCHES! But most importantly reuniting with my fellow Port Lodgers and two other clowns from the Envi-Friendly city of Portland. So stoked. I'm sure I will be posting entries until the (hopefully) epic and LONG a$$ roadtrip.

No comments:

Post a Comment