Sunday, October 10, 2010

Mama, I love you. Mama I care.

After spending the day with mama, I kinda don't wanna leave to go back to school.

***SIDENOTE***
Aha! I burned the frozen pizza in the convection oven thinger. "No, just press 'Pizza' and it'll cook. I just take it out when the edges are brown," my mom said. Yeah, unfortunately I'm not that adept in pizza-cooking. I ate some then the rest of it was waiting for sloth Bill to finish. Isn't is nice how he doesn't speak to me at all? I have nothing to say to him really. Everything I said was in an angry voicemail I left him a month ago on his cellphone after he spoke to me like a disrespectful fuck. He's stubborn as am I but I can at least admit when I'm wrong. He's stupid. And really pissing me off now that I have to blog in his presence. 

My house is cold. I just watched the San Francisco Giants come back and beat the Atlanta Braves. Now I'm watching the Phils hopefully annihilate the Cincinnati Reds. Again.

The day was glorious and as per usual, my mom and I got a lot accomplished today. But when I say accomplished, I mean we put to shame all of the other Christiana Mall shoppers who mainly window-shopped and ate at the recently opened CPK and/or The Cheesecake Factory, along with visit the grand opening of Target there as well.

***Another SIDENOTE***
I can't stop listening to Neon Indian & The Knife. Woof.
I really hate Bill. 

But yeah, before we shopped til we dropped went to Costco & other errands, we grubbed mother-daughter style at Cheesecake Factory.
The lil mama ate like a king!
I'm surprised she didn't bring her leftovers home. "They forgot to give me dressing I think," she said after lunch. But before lunch and after church on the way to the mall was a funny conversation between my mom and I...

Me: So do you wanna go to The Cheesecake Factory or CPK?
Mama: What is that CPK?
Me: California Pizza Kitchen. But I kinda don't wanna eat pizza. I want a salad.
Mama: Yeah, me too. You know, I told your dad we would go but we never did. I told him, 'When Julilu comes home from school we'll go to the Cheesecake Factory. I'll treat you guys.' But he fuck up last night.
[We both burst out laughing]
Mama: That is the first time I used that saying. Ohh, I just went to church.
Me: I'm sure God will forgive you.
Mama: Did I say it right?
Me: It's "fucked up." Like past tense. Fucked. With an -ED at the end.
Mama: Pucked? Is it a P or an F?
Me: No, it's with an F like fuck. But past tense, you know?
Mama: Ah yeah, like past tense.
Me: Fucked.
Mama: Fucked up.

Seared Tuna Tataki Salad
Light & scrumptious AND comes with avos :)
Lunch was grand and we split a festive slice of Pecan Pumpkin Cheesecake. I like that word Pumpkin. And I like that...vegetable. Squash? Gord? Whatever, it's great with cinnamon. Oh, I heart fall.







I surprisingly abstained from buying anything other than two skinny belts & a pair of earrings from Forever 21. Wait, my mom bought them. A watch, a pair of boots, and a black skirt from Urban Outfitters later, we were greeted by granola/oatmeal sauce at Costco, filled the car up with gas for my trek back up to New York tomorrow then made it home, where we packed my fall/winter shiz. Missions accomplished. Now that I've come home to get my stuff to take back to school I don't wanna leave. There's something always safe about being with my mama. And I know she doesn't want me to leave so soon because as I find more clothes to bring back to school she kinda gets annoyed. I finally asked her, "Is the reason you don't want me to bring so many clothes back to school is because it feels like I'm moving out?" And she kinda half-laughed and said, "Yeah." Uber sad face out the ying-yang I made (on the inside). I didn't wanna get sad in front of her because then she'd get sad. I'm really gonna miss her until Thanksgiving, which is the next time I'll see her because she can't come up for my last race of the fall season because she has to work the following day.

I don't think I got as close to my mom until this past summer because alotta shizzle crap went down and she's pretty much all I've got when it comes to close family. And also "she'd go to hell and back for you", a phrase Bill said to me during an argument I had with him this past summer. It's pretty much one of the FEW things he's said that is actually true and makes sense. She would do that. So one of my lifetime goals is to not only give her a grand baybay but also repay her in anyway I can after college. I gotta buy more lottery tickets. And if I just find myself in a losing streak of wasted dolla bills, then I'm gonna work my a$$ off for some more $$$$$$$$. Not for myself but for her as well.

If I could jam out on the acoustic guitar to this song while singing in perfect tune, I totally would serenade my mama along with my group of musical bitches: "Mama" by the Spice Girls

Funny P.S.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. A month to whip out those cute pink ribbons and walk
for a cure, something I hope to contribute to in the future. I found these in my pantry...
CUUUUUTE! Eating for a cure! 
LITTLE RIBBON PRETZEL BITES! Oh, that Herr's company is Pennsylvania is just so innovative. I remember in the second grade our class took a field trip to the Herr Factory and got a free bag of chips at the end of the tour. Loved it. I'm pissed we don't get Herr's in New York :(

AND those are whole grain pretzel ribbons...with flax seed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment