Friday, October 8, 2010

I would.

I'm quite the lazy fuck nowadays. I'm busy a majority of the time and when I start a blog post, I get too tired to finish it hence, why this posting is from one I've started yesterday and continuing today...

From yesterday, Thursday, October 7th
I'd say I'm on a role with the shit that's happened to me in the last two days.

Good thing it didn't turn out like dis. 
Not only did I almost get a taste of the water in the Glen Island Sound after nearly tipping in the double with my friend Brian at crew practice but right after practice I rear-ended a car. So those were two "whoopsy daisy" moments yesterday. Today, I had another one. My friend who is the secretary of the Social Work Club, aka A/P/G told me to come down to the room they were holding the meeting in and color with the rest of the club. Yes, color. I thought they were going to spend the meeting coloring. I didn't ask why because coloring is actually a fun activity to do especially when one is stressed. Also, I guess it would make sense that she asked considering I signed up to join the Social Work Club in the beginning of the school, several blog posts ago, but have abstained from showing up to any meetings (due to work schedule conflicts).
After much begging and pleading from A/P/G to come down and color, I ended up walking into the Social Work Club meeting...unbeknownst to myself the coloring part didn't start til about ten minutes after that embarassing moment. She came to fetch afterwards, laughing at me, and I was kinda afraid to walk back in there but my elephant and panda drawing received many a praise from the club members :)

Okay, so some of today, Friday, the 8th...

So far this week, I've managed to run on the least amount of sleep. AND get in two-a-day workouts as well. AND have been eating dinner out for the past 3 nights. Like I have money...Ha!

Wednesday I went to Red Plumb for some much needed sushi. My friend MK raves about that place and how "they (like) have the best sushi ever!" It's in Mamaronek and the ambiance was equally ravishing as was some of their creative plating skillz.

Coconut Seafood Chowda...yum!
I was going with a friend who gave me the reigns to choose where to eat and so I opted for that place. I did that fat kid thing where one Googles the restaurant for an online menu and scopes out the choices/prices/etc. I checked out the menu and saw this interesting soup called Coconut Seafood Chowder. I'm the type to step outta the box and try new things. Well not all new things but yeah, I'm willing to munch on some kangaroo and some turtle circa study abroad last semester (oh, how i miss it). To sum up the chowda, it was grand spectacular in my mouth. 

I shoulda taken a pic of the Red Plumb Roll I had as my main course. The rolls were shaped like wittle hearts and they were rolled in "special pink seaweed." 

I craved something sweet so we split a pumpkin sorbet bomba...like a huge bon bon, which is ice cream with this cool hard outer layer made outta chocolate. And in this case, it was white chocolate. 
In and around my mouth. And I loved the little cinnamon Halloween  dust.
So festive.
Date night. All of these things = an epic combo :) NOM NOM NOM
Last night, the bestie and I went to Coyote Flaco for some margaritas and guac. We deserved it considering practice was indoors again and it whooped our behinds. AND I ran 3 miles before practice thinking it would be outside where it 

***Oh ma ga, SIDENOTE***

Yeah, so at work I had to clear a room for an event. And as I was stacking up chairs on this odd chair-stacking contraption, a security guard came strolling in while he was on his iPhone (so importante this dude). He was looking around, still talking on his fucking gadget while I continued to stack chairs and look confused. He finally got off the phone for a brief moment and asked such a stereotypical security/police officer question: "Did they have donuts in here?" "Uhhhmmm nah," I said smiling and holding back my laugh. 

What's funny about this particular security guard is that I totally passed judgment on him earlier for standing by one of the entrances to the campus doing nothing but moping around and talking on said iPhone. It coulda been that spiffy walkie talkie but I'm pretty sure it was that iPhone. 

Back to foodie food food stories!

Yah so last night was Coyote Flaco with the bestie to catch up and chug margaritas (responsibly, of course) and have some guac. We split a half pitcher of regular ones and they were yummmm. So much for the Skinny Girl margaritas we planned on ordering before we got there. We also both came to the conclusion that we have no friends except each other. I mean, we do but our friends who aren't 21 either don't have IDs or are just soooo used to having house parties or don't have the cash flow to spend. And our friends who are 21 already have plans hanging out with their better friends b/c they forgot who we were since we were abroad last semester OR they don't wanna hang out with us. I could be wrong about all these conclusions but when you hang out with just your best friend after we both planned on getting a group together who bailed on us, it's hard not to make conclusions about these things. 


What was so great and surprising about all this eating-out (stop being perverted people...I know you're probably thinking "Aha! That's what she said!") was that I was still able to perform at practice the next day. I mean, our practices weren't until the late afternoon but I always thought that if I consumed a massive amount of food and alcohol that it would weigh me down the next day. I really don't know the science behind my body but as long as I shit, I feel a wee bit lighter :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm more than 21 and I wanna hangout with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RED PLUM YUM!!
    and I have an ID so invite me out!

    ReplyDelete