Saturday, October 9, 2010

"Home, let me come home. Home is whenever I'm with you."

LA LA LA LA TAKE ME HOME. MOTHER I'M COMIN' HOME!!!!

<Whistle break...>

I love that song. I love that band. If I could be part of something so hippie and natural and slightly cultish I would. But I can't because I'm in college. And I'm a senior. If I decided to do a 180 and change the direction of my life now, and the outlook I have on it, I wouldn't succeed. I would most likely drop out of college, get arrested for protesting something animal-related, and probably smell like hemp. But I love hippies and their agenda. Their outlook on life is so...groovy.*
Dear Woodstock, why wasn't I alive to see you?
This would totally be me and my child if I were there.

*Plus, with my luck, I would probably mistakenly get caught in one of those Charles Manson-type scandals or demon-worshipping cults like the one in 
The Last Exorcism (Oops! did I ruin the movie?). 
Did I mention I'm fascinated by the 60s?

Follow me and be naked. 
God, I think Alex Ebert is slightly hot. Like a good-looking version of Jesus. That's not why I listen to Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. The Ima Robot member leads a 10-person hippie band from L.A. and they have this cool style/sound/aura/spirit thing about them. Ugh, I want a concert in my mouth right now. Here's an example of their hippie-like ways, it might be easier for you to understand if you saw it rather than read my ramblings...
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros perform "Om Nashi Me @ Regent Theater in L.A.

I wish i was there dancing with them :(

I wanna join you!!
BUT ES&tMZ is NOT THE REASON WHY I'M BLOGGING. The song came to me because none other, I am home for the weekend. Or, how Delawarians pronounce it, haome (like hoe-w-um). Ironically, it was not this band I listened to on the way home, but rather Mumford & Sons. That is a band for another blog.

I haven't been home since Labor Day Weekend and not only did I miss my mama and wanted to spend some quality time with her (aka as she does laundry, I sit on the recliner blogging and watching HBO on FiOS), I also needed to get a SHIT TON of winter clothes because Fall is coming fast to New York and I'm without warm attire. Hoodies and sweatpants aren't gonna cut it, especially if I'm gonna be rowing in cold weather. Sooner or later it's gonna be turning into Under Armor season when it comes to outdoor workouts. And I need to break out the leopard-print snuggie :)

Before I came home I was dreading the drive. Although it's roughly two and a half hours getting there (keyword: roughly), you need to put into account traffic. And lots of it. Luckily, I took a different route haome and shaved off massive amounts of commercial radio re-runs and bumper-to-bumper relations with other cars. I got to DE in about 3 hours with a bit of traffic on the NJ Turnpike but hey, I'm safe! Aaaand my mother was happy to greet me. I pulled into the driveway and within seconds of getting out of the car, she was already outside to help me get the dirty laundry outta my trunk. I've missed her much :)

***SIDENOTE***
While I'm blogging, I noticed how my mom kept looking over at me. She wasn't admiring her beautiful baby girl who has grown into a slightly-intelligent, highly cynical twenty-one year old. She was eyeing the remote control. She didn't ask to change the channel but glanced over a few times before quietly taking it off my recliner and changing the channel from Couples Retreat to the MLB Playoffs. Minnesota Twins vs. New York Skankeez to be exact. She doesn't like these teams (true Phillies fan) but she still likes to follow all of them sort of before the World Series. I love how she knows more about sports and playoffs and shiz than I do. She can tell me the logistics of a baseball game but coudn't really help me with Geometry homework back in the day. Oh, how I've missed her :)

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!

One of her current endeavors is annihilating the massive amount of stink bugs we're getting in the house. These are serious little buggers. They've even made the local papers. This happens during the cold months. These Japanese stink bugs don't like the cold so they seek refuge, by the masses, in warm households. Apparently, they're only around Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland because some stupid man from one of these states went to Japan and came back with one or two of these things in his stuff and they mass produced in the Mid-Atlantic of Amuurica. Talk about a transplant. 

She smacks them off the drapes with a fly swatter as she says in her Filipina accent, "Ay! Come here! Ah, I got you!" She drops them in a Clorex Wipes container full of bleach. Kinda sinister but like the typical Filipina mother she is, she wants to conserve the water in the house by putting them in a container then getting rid of them all eventually. It costs money to flush the toilet every time you wanna kill a stink bug. 

***ANNOYED SIDENOTE***
I enjoy how Bill, my father, doesn't say a word to me for weeks and has the audacity to say, "What made you come home this weekend?" Fuck you, dirtbag. It's not like I'm sitting on your couch doing nothing with my life. I go to school, I work, I get good grades, I stay outta trouble (or at least try to), I do extra curriculars, and I ask nothing of you. I don't rely on your to fill my bank account with moolah considering you spend a majority of your days on the computer selling, trading, fiddling, with your fucking baseball cards. I think you see where all this rage is going, people. Bill isn't necessarily my cup of tea. Aside from this douchebag who could give two shits if I'm around and is the most stubborn forty-six year old baby I've ever seen, I'm glad to be home with my mama. 



No comments:

Post a Comment