Thursday, October 21, 2010

Purr pussy purr

Before I explain the title of this post, I just want to mention a funny story I overheard when I was putting stuff away into the storage closet at work...

I don't know the extent of the conversation but from what I heard it sounded like a group of fwiends having a debate about babies. And pertaining to this debate included phrases like, "...I thought you sent leave yo' baby somewhere, yo" and "Nah, nah I said drop yo' baby."

Part of me wanted to chime in and demonstrate to them my friend DJ Pauly D's sign language gesture for the word "abortion." Then again, "dropping a baby" could mean a multitude of things (ditching an old boo, tripping on acid?, or literally dropping a baby, which would totally not be cool at all).*
*by the way, I forgot to mention how I saw that movie Life As We Know It with Katherine Heigl and Josh "I'm-sexier-than-my-girlfriend" Duhamel. But honestly, I didn't care about either of them. Granted, the movie was cute as a button, but I really wanted to see it because of that cute-as-fuck red-headed baby. I'm not even kidding when I would tell my friends how I wanted to STEAL that baby. Adorable, complete and utter. Mind you, there was a scene of Josh dropping her. Poor thing. The baby that is.
I want you, babyyyy
How frickin' presh is she?!

Okay, so now for the topic at hand. Men who own cats. My friend Frumpy came to visit me at work (yeah, it probably seems like I do nothing except work but I was covering a friend yesterday. When I have free time, I do this) and told me about this topic he listened to on the radio being discussed. Many people, mainly women called in with their opinions. A lot of the listeners called in and said men who own cats are pansies, undateable, and down right gay. It just baffled a lot of listeners. I wish I heard this radio show.

To me, a guy owning a cat is not weird at all. I look at it the same way as if he owned a dog. But that's just me. To get an idea of what other people thought, I asked a bunch of people. I'm pretty sure I scared some of them because some people I asked who passed by my desk I didn't know that well. But they really filled me in and these are the sort of answers I got:

- Some people found it to be extremely weird for a single guy to own a cat.
- One kid said cats are girly and if a guy owned a cat that he was probably "feminine."
- My one friend, A/P/G, said it depended on what kind of cat, indoor or outdoor. But that's the only answer she gave me considering she had to leave. Loser.
- Some of my friends (guys included) thought the same thing I did, the idea not fazing them at all. Frumpy said cats work just like dogs do when it comes to getting girls. At least that's what I think he said.
- A few guys I asked weren't cat people, which was why they didn't like the idea of a guy owning a cat (one of them even lived in a household with two cats...but he also had a dog).
- Another guy said living with a cat reminds him of living with a girl...girls being catty and sneaky, a bit sly.
- A kid I just asked the question to (question being, "What do you think of a guy who owns a cat?") asked me, "Does the guy live alone?" I said yes, then he responded, "Well...then that's a little weird."

I'd say it's an interesting mix of opinions and I felt that I asked the question appropriately. Of course my friend MK who I was working with told everyone I asked that I was getting opinions because I'm dating a guy who owns a cat (which is completely false). Screaming it in the lobby. Thanks, bitch.

Here are two opinions on what other people think about guys who own cats:


Googling "guys who own cats" is interesting in itself, with results like, "Cute Boys with Cats: The Blog for Guys Who Love Pussy" (you should Google this fo' yo'self).

***SIDENOTE***
My friend Frank suggested I change every time I mention the word "cat" in this blog to the word "pussy." Christ.

Idk, my BFF Jill. You can be the judge of this. I lurve cats. I wouldn't mind owning one. Then again, my best friend is a human reincarnated cat so I guess I already do live with one. MEOW!

Man's new best friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment