Monday, November 15, 2010

Soda. Fro-yo. Powerpoint?

I haven't had this in such a long time. I love this soda. Not only does it have a great citrus taste but its also zero calories without that diety taste. It'll still make you bloat like a girl on her period and make you belch like a frat guy but its awesome and I'm downing it as we speak. A dollar and seventy-nine cents plus tax never tasted so good.

While I chug my bottle of Fresca that is gonna be empty soon, I'm doing work in the library (well, after I write this of course). After a hiatus of being an emotional wreck a majority of the weekend, I'm starting to feel a bit better. I went and spoke with my professor about my presentation I was nervous about. He said, "Wow, you don't seem nervous right now. I wouldn't have guessed you were nervous. You seem very composed." And that's the thing with me: I don't look nervous but internally I'm doing that Macaulay Culkin Home Alone face. 
Me on the inside :\
I also kicked hiney at practice during the two 35 minute pieces we had to do. Coach let me do the cheer at the end where everyone huddles together after a good workout. "Why don't you do it Jules, you're the sweatiest." I lost a little weight since the last time I checked so maybe my hopes of being a lightweight rower will come true come next semester. It's really just my excuse to lose weight but being a lightweight rower is some passive motivation for doing so. 

I got me some much-deserved fro-yo (70 minutes worth of erging, a badass core workout, and minimal foodie in my system today made fro-yo something worth having) with Tor at Red Mango (after I went home and showered of course). We chit-chatted over antioxidant-filled tart yogurt goodness* before hitting up the library where we are currently blogging. Yeah, I talked her into starting one and I'm really excited to see what she has to say. 
*I opted for Pumpkin Spice since its a seasonal flavor. But I also enjoy White Peach, Original, and Black Cherry. 

SIDENOTE
Considering my friends and I frequent Red Mango often this semester (the word "often" being an understatement), we were only introduced to the Red Mango Loyalty Card on this visit. I wasn't really listening as the girl behind the counter was explaining to me how the point system worked. All I knew is that I probably racked up enough points to have gotten $5 off a purchase if we got these spiffy things weeks ago. What the fuck. 

And here I am. About to get started on this God-foresaken, I'm-totally-nervous-but-looked-composed, maybe-shouldn't-have-procrastinated-all-semester presentation that I have on Thursday. Luckily, it's only 15 minutes long but I should probably have an idea of what I'm talking about. I'm glad my professor and Tor gave me some pointers. I just want Thursday at 11am to be here now (11am is when my presentation would end and then I wouldn't have to worry about it any longer and just anticipate the arrival of some fellow Domers who are coming to visit us in New Gross). 

I still wish I had some Fresca left to chug. 



2 comments:

  1. Got white peach with strawberries on Sunday! I need to install a machine in my room for 24/7 access to deliciousness

    ReplyDelete
  2. i recently had a white peach base, with the basic vanilla and chocolate mix and match up top, with wafers aswell...it was heavenly

    and i got the cheer for being sweatiest that day too!

    ReplyDelete