Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Raccoon syndrome.

I don't know if that really exists but in other words, I'm broke as fuck. I picture a raccoon scraping at the bottom of trash cans to find food. And once they find it, they scurry away like the little rat nuggets they are. And they laugh too. Then go to the next trashcan and do it again.
Rahaha nom nom nom nom nom I has food!
I really don't wanna be a raccoon. But for right now, if people are gonna ask me, "You want the rest of my sandwich?" then by all means hand it over*
*then again, I never hesitate free giveaways especially when its food. I'm a human compost. I will eat your things. 

Of course there are things I wanna get: a tragis piercing, a new tat, wine to keep me tolerable when surrounded by others, the occasional coffee on campus on cold, fall mornings, trips to the city, clothes, etc. But I currently don't have the means to buy those things considering I also have bills to pay - Oh, hello, credit card, fancy seeing I've overdrawn four dollars on you recently.

I usually go through these stages of lacking certain things until the next paycheck rolls around, which pretty much goes to my electric and cable bills. And gas for the car. And maybe some groceries. Oh, and of course wine.

I realized that I am a financially struggling college student when I was making lunch one day in the kitchen. I'd like to consider myself a pro at making some tasty wraps. I should work on campus with the ladies that make them. But I'm not Hispanic and I'm sure all they'd do is talk shit about me looking like I'm Hispanic and making fun of me all day. I don't want that. Anyways, I usually put the wraps in paper towels because: what's the point of putting a wrap on a plate if its a two-hand food job? A paper towel to wrap it in is so logical. It keeps you from burning your hands (if you decided to put the wrap in a pan to heat up and have the luscious, cheesy goodness melt inside (oh ma ga, I'm jimping already) and if anything falls out of the other end of the wrap, a paper towel is there to catch it.

That day I noticed the paper towel holder thingy in our kitchen was empty. I looked in the cabinets for any paper towels. There were none. So I looked for anything remotely resembling a paper product that would do the same job as a paper towel. I saw some coffee filters. I stared at them for about 10 seconds before reaching for one and using it...effectively. That's when this brush of hobo-ness came over me. It's my last year of college and I'm using coffee filters as napkins/paper towels. I even used a few for breakfast one time. English muffins are the perfect size for these spiffy filters.

We have paper towels now. And I get paid on Friday. Unfortunately, we owe two months worth of electricity. And I need to fill my car up with gas. And the cable bill came in last night. Hmmm...I may consider egg donating...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment