Friday, November 5, 2010

As the world spin and dance in my hands, life is a beach I'm just playin' in the sand

I'd like to consider yesterday something to be excited about. Not so much for me because I apparently didn't know about yesterday until a week prior to yesterday. I used the word "yesterday" 3 times so far, 4 if you counted this sentence I'm typing now. Rapper Lil Wayne was released from Rikers Island Prison in New York. The 28-year old phenom was sentenced to twelve months for criminal weapon possession. The rapper's real name is Dwayne Carter and he served a similar sentence back in 2007 after a gun was found on his tour bus. Tisk Tisk, Weezy. He was released two months early for this recent sentence and rumors were that he went to Miami to celebrate last night.

I wonder if my name is somewhere in dem tatz.
My clown town friends who live on Fifth decided to throw a Weezy's Out of Jail Party at their humble abode. Wow. Any excuse to have a party I guess. But then again, I do enjoy this rapper. He has many a good tune to jam to. I, unfortunately, don't know the lyrics to his songs verbatim (unlike my apprentice who spits out his rhymes while simultaneously watching a game of beer pong. I bet she can even do this while she does laundry, washes dishes, runs a marathon, row a 5k, knits a sweater, etc.). What's so funny about this is that she can do this and make it seem like she's having a conversation with someone. I guess you have to see it to understand but we were spectating the pong game and she was rapping to Lil Wayne's "A Milli", making it seem like she was having a conversation with me. I died on the inside. Greatness.

Listen listen listen! "A Milli"
Great Mashup to this tune: "Viva La Milli" - Coldplay vs. Lil Wayne
I looked through my iPod Kramer to see what jams I had by Weezy. I had quite a few. I don't listen to them often but I reminisced about "Hot Revolver." I thoroughly enjoy that :) "Hot Revolver"

Since we're talking about all things Weezy-related, I remember when I was a frosh nugget, there was this kid I saw around campus with dreads just like Weezy. He wore one of those gigantic baseball-type caps. My suitemate was OBSESSED with this kid. He now plays on the basketball team, dreads no more :( His head looks a lot smaller withouth them. Meh.

This is gonna sound bad but I'm kinda inspired to walk around my house or maybe even campus (if I was THAT bored) with a styrofoam cup of "drank" and trip on campus. Maybe jam out to Lil Wayne songs on my pod. I'll just have to wait to do that when and if he goes to jail again. Congrats, Young Carter.

OVERWHELMING SIDENOTE
Haven't done a sidenote in a while. I'm covering for a friend in the office this morning. I have to answer phones, update this thing, run errands around campus (hopefully not today, it's cold out wahh), goof off on the computer, etc. I got a call today from some student (sounded like an older woman) who said she was graduating this spring and wanted more information on what she had to do and what not. I put her on hold and asked the Administrative Assistant who told me that information hasn't been mailed out yet. I told the woman that and then I guess I slightly mentioned something about senior portraits. She asked where she can get more info on that and I told her they happened two weeks ago. She got really irritated (but not at me, as she said, "Okay, I'm not aggravated with you but...") and sorta vented to me and asked me if it was wrong of her to be pissed and of course I felt super fucking uncomfortable at this point and all I wanted to do was give her a fucking fax number of where she can fax some document all graduates need to submit soon. Woof. I forgot what it was like to work up here.

1 comment: