Monday, November 22, 2010

The invasion.

I lacked a camera on this eventful and momentous weekend. Our lovely Oz abroader friends from ND came to visit. Unfortunately not all of them were present but a few came out for the Army v. ND game at the new Yankee Stadium. Pretty stellar but I lacked the cash flow to go. ND won thank Jeeeezus.

The lady domers came a little before noon. I was still clad in my pink Hello Kitty towel wrap when I greeted them. Naked hugs are just as good.

SIDENOTE
The rework of Daft Punk's "Rollin' and Scratchin'" is not bad. However, I like the original still.
http://www.themusicninja.com/rework-chilly-gonzales-rollin-scatchin-chilly-gonzales-rework-minimix/

I took the 3 on the infamous campus tour that I finished in a mere ten minutes considering we lack the abundance of exciting, vast space that ND is used to. I'd like to think that they enjoyed the brick buildings and our rowing tank to say the least.

Lunch at the eatery and an introductory course in Red Mango before we went back to my place for some
Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat and lounge time. We got ready to go to Happy Hour at Flaco's. Margaritas and guacamole...can't get enough. Had some din-din, more pals came including the male domers who would have gotten here at the same time as the lady domers...but they opted to take their "short" cut setting them back a good 3 hours. Nice, guys.


Back to Tor's apartment where her roomie was having a birthday party keg thing with grub, friends, and you know, two kegs. There were these cute little, bite-size cupcakes there from Baked by Melissa, a bakery in Union Square (according to someone who told me this because I didn't know this until the partay). This will definitely come in handy for my own birthday in April. I had about three or four, including this super duper cosmic one. Beautiful.
In and around my mouth. Whoever this Melissa woman is, she is GENIUS.
SECONDARY SIDENOTE
I just looked over my shoulder to see if anyone was looking at my computer in the library. I didn't want anyone seeing me going back to YouTube to replay Rihanna's song "Fading". I'm gonna talk about it in a blog later so you can listen to it :)


A few shots later, we take a late night trip to the city for a night out. My friend Jamie has never been to the city and when we got into Grand Central, she looked so cute as she looked up in amazement at the famous terminal around her. It's not a trip to the city unless you run around the center of the Main Concourse, which we made her do in our stupor.


We trek ten blocks uptown to Turtle Bay, where the biffnugg used to guest bartend. I always have a great, debaucherous night at Turtle. Girls dancing on the bar is normal, napkins being thrown like confetti is too. But not threatening to punch a girl in the face for spilling my friend's drink on me. See, that's not normal because that was the first time I ever did that to a complete stranger. Sad thing is is that she was legitimately sorry OR was so drunk that she didn't know how to be a bitch back to me...


My friend Joel's drink spilled down my back somehow. I turned around and he said, "It was that girl." I walk in her direction, tap her on the back and she turns right around. "You just spilled my friend's drink on me." "Oh, I'm sorry," she said legitimately sympathetic. "You, like, can't do that," I said back straight-faced. "Okay," she said with a scared look on her face. "If I see you again, I'm gonna punch you in the face," I said without hesitation. "Okay," she said still scared. "Okay, bye," I said. "I can't believe you did that!" Joel said when I came back. "Wow, I never did that before," I said. Then I went on drinking and dancing.


But that wasn't even the first time spillage occurred. The first drink I order upon arrival was knocked out of my hand when some stupid drunk bitch was trying to climb on the bar. I look up at her Barbie-tan fuck of a face and say, "Really? Really." "Oh ma gaaa hahahaha I'm sorry," the cunt scab said back before dancing like a stupid white girl. The bartender saw the fuming steam coming out of my ears and quickly made me a new one. Rough start. Then I accidentally got a little too excited when "Infinity" came on and my fist pump turned into a self-defense move into my friend Joel's nose. Oops. Sorry Joel Hole.
Listen to the nose-bleeder: "Infinity" by Guru Josh Project (quite a name huh?)


Then the second time was the threat I explained earlier. The third time was at the bar when Joel, the biffnugg, and I were doing shots. This douchebag behind him knocks his shot right out of his hand it spills all over the beer. The guy didn't even realize he did this so I tapped this fella on the shoulder...
Me: You just spilled my friend's shot all over the bar
Stupid Douchebag Spiller's friend: He didn't mean to, its so packed in here
Me: Yeah, but there goes 8 bucks
Douchebag spiller: I'm sorry I didn't mean to (but in an assholey tone)
Stupid DS's friend (who shouldn't even fucking be involved): It's packed in here
Me: That's fine, it's just the way you are.
Stupid man who shouldn't be involved (new name): That's just the way I am? It's packed in here!
Me: Yeah, its ok..really. You have a good night.
Stupid man who shouldn't be involved (loved how he was arguing for Douchebag Spiller): Yeah, I will have a good night.


Stupid fucking people sometimes. I swear.


It was great to be a in bar/club with a few of the Port Lodgers again. It was like Freo. Good times dancing and singing and having a great time with everyone. It was like we were in Newport or Metros or one of those fun clubs we would go to in Freo. Sorry, no karaoke tho :( so it wasn't like The Orient. On our way back to Grand Central, I asked five people for a cigarette, only to be told, "Sorry." I don't smoke but there are those few occasions where I just need one when I'm semi-obliterated (I can understand why Red did this when we went to go visit ND a month ago). The biffnugg was hungry so we walked to the gyro stand right outside the terminal while our friends waited inside. While we were in line, I noticed this awesome printastic shirt the guy in front of us was wearing. I thought to myself how I've seen this print before but didn't know where. I drunkenly say, "This looks like Anthony" and drag my hand right down this guy's back at the cool print (kinda like how Emile Hirsh did that in Girl Next Door when he was on Ecstasy and touched some fat guy's tie). The guy turns around and as fate stepped in, it was IN FACT DJ PAULY D aka ANTHONYYYYYYYYYY! Kayla and I scream, he screams, and we hug in this awkward, awesome, drunk, group hug, jumping up and down and laughing. I kinda owe it to the Biffnugg for being drunkgry because if she didn't want that gyro we wouldn't have crossed paths with our favorite traveling buddy. We've missed him heaps :)
I love you Anthony :)
We made it home, barely, considering everyone passed out. On the way home we were in the cab and a friend who came with our lady domers opened the door at a red light thinking we were home. "Ummm what are you doing? We're not home yet," I say. We all LOL and LMAO and then we make it home shortly after. I'm out for the count. I wake up for practice five hours later still drunk. But that's okay because rowing tipsy is kinda fun and at times I perform a little better if the set is right.


The domers go to the city before we come home (this is when they left for the Army v. ND game). I spent the rest of the day rotting on my couch with a box of wine and some friends. I go to IHOP at 11pm for dinner before coming back to get ready for the return of our domers. ND killed the Army so I was assuming people wanted to rage. Of course I was dead, exhausted and close to broke as fuck. Well, I am broke as fuck but it was totally worth the friends who came to visit. We meet up with everyone at Beechmont, which used to be called The Levy, which is the same Levy Don McLean's sings about in his song "American Pie," which is a singer who went to my collegiate institution. How cool is that?


We have a Magner's for Freo's sake and share some laughs before heading home at 215am. Despite the visit being brief, it was a breath of fresh air to see some friends we've become so close within a span of four and a half months. We're already planning another trip out to ND...we love them THAT much. Thanks to all the friends we saw and I hope they had a great time. It was a great way to finish school before going home for Thanksgiving, something I am beyond excited for since I'm getting sick of this place and wanna get outta here so badly. Epic weekend. I miss you guys already.

1 comment:

  1. ugh so so so so mad at myself for not being there!!

    jan/feb, i will be in ny. promise.

    ReplyDelete