Friday, November 26, 2010

just realized my last post had nothing to do with Black Friday...

Song for post...


Sooo this morning my mom and I did that whole shop til you drop early in the morning thing. We haven't done this in a few years but I thought I'd come with her today to the QVC store so she can stand in line for an hour to buy a Dooney & Bourke purse, which was super cheap and well worth the wait. If a designer handbag originally priced for $200+  and ends up being sold at this store for only $70 then yah, I'd wait too. I'm not a fan of D&B but this bag was cute and if there were any left in brown she said she'd totes get me one too. However, one of the ladies in front of us who we became friends with while in line took the last brown one. Oh wells, I'm banking on a Longchamp tote instead :) But I'm glad my mom got her white one because she deserves it. Plus, I didn't really want a bag. Mama already bought me one for the same price at the mall last Tuesday night. Lovin' Michael Kors, especially when on sale double :) :)

I did however stock up on some awesome DVDs! I found Sixteen Candles in Target last Tuesday for 5 dolla! Finally. And I wasn't even expecting to find it. Even better. Today we stopped by Best Buy (post-chaos of course) to check out what was left of the on-sale movies. I picked up 3: Get Him to the Greek (10 dolla!), Animal House (classic, one of my dad's faves), & one of the greatest movies of all time, but unfortunately I wasn't born yet to enjoy and I think I began to enjoy it too late: The Graduate. Although it's an old film (1967) it's a classic. Simon & Garfunkel are amazing too, as they perform the score/soundtrack/music/whatever to the flim, including the song "Mrs. Robinson." I don't want to spoil the ending, but here's a clip from the movie that is rather well-known:


SIDENOTE
My mom is watching the news and a commercial came on for a car company and some sort of holiday sale. Accordingly, Vampire Weekend's "Holiday" comes on. It's great how they're in commercials now. This is it!


I'd also like to add how embed-crazy I'm going with these vids. Sorry, if its a bother but man, its just so frickin' convenient! AND it adds to the post. C'mon, admit it, would you really be here reading this shiz if you weren't visually entertained at the same time? If you said yeah, then why thank you ;)

1 comment:

  1. movie and wine day please. containing sixteen candles and the graduate. k thanks :)

    ReplyDelete