Monday, January 3, 2011

Mimosas and countdown to OWN

Despite my plans being shit on yet again (I'm just not good at this whole planning thing sometimes, most of the time actually). Well, actually no. I just have frosted flake friends. No names, of course but let's just say I wouldn't have left Delaware, on my mother's birthday, to come back to New Gross and toast with bottles of Coor's Light in celebration of 2011. Initially, I was going to brave the city and bullshit around the town. But maybe next year.

Instead, I went to Jersey and spent it with Tor, her boyfriend, and cousins...and some gay men as well. Lots of them :)

Her cousin was house-sitting a pseudo-famous, ex-wife-to-a-former-celeb's house for the holidays. Gay friendly all around but not naming any names. It was in the wooded area of New York, close to Jersey. Although I knew the people I came to the party with, I had to put on my social pants and meet some new people and I didn't mind that. And I didn't mind trying chili-infused tequila either. It was awesome; mild in the back of the throat but subsides shortly after.

I met an array of characters: an extra from the Blind Side, an Abercrombie model (who was somewhat too pretty to introduce himself in the beginning like everyone else did), an untrained Cockapoo (combination of Cocker spaniel & Poodle) that drank out of wine glasses and ate all the left-over Christmas cookies, an eccentric Education grad amidst all of the Theater graduates (i.e. "WHERE'S THE PROSECCO?!" & "UGH, IT SMELLS DISGUSTING UP HERE!"), and some gay men. They are just spectacular! And make great breakfast the next morning for us hungover peeps. Well, I wasn't hungover at all luckily.

While waiting for one of the guys to make breakfast, we watched a countdown to Oprah's new network OWN. Apparently, it was taking the place of Discovery Health at noon on January 1st. And it was a reason to celebrate, at least to the guys at the house*
*They also had a countdown for Bette Midler's special on HBO the night before. Apparently both this special and Oprah's new network were news to me considering I had no idea about either until the countdowns ensued and the cocktails were made for those specific reasons. 

I never had a Mimosa before. They were great!

So far, this new year is treating me with generosity. Or at least not so many moments where I have to say to myself, "This would happen to me." Okay maybe one, but that's for another blog post. And I'm sure after saying "this new year is treating me with generosity" I'm going to find my rent check stolen out of the mailbox or see that my car has been towed.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment