Sunday, January 23, 2011

Foodie

Last night in a bout of drunk munchies, Margs and I got some chicken gyros (the closest thing to a kebab) in front of Grand Central before I got on the 1:15am train back to New Gross. Margs was visiting from DC and staying at her aunt's place uptown. It was a good reunion with her and our other study abroad pal DJ Pauly D.

We didn't have time to sit and eat because my train was leaving in 5 minutes so we said a quick goodbye (I hate quick goodbyes, they're too quick - wahh) and I jumped on the train and got a row of seats all to myself. I started going to town on my gyro...I was really hungry and didn't really eat much before hand.

I was getting quite full so I wrapped the mess back up in the foil it came in and put it in the brown paper bag the guy gave me. Mind you, this guy selling street grub had a way with the skillet: it was like Mediterranean artistry when he was making these gyros.

Rewinding about 45 minutes before drunken noms...

We went to a new watering hole to meet up with Toth who was in town as well. We were downtown anyways, so figured going to a different place would be cool. It was called Barramundi, a small hole in the wall but a cool interior. And they had this banging white sangria. I've always been a fan of white wine over red, so this drink was perfection. I think I found a new favorite beverage.

I made friends with two older guys (who each bought me a white sangria - Operation Freequila was in full effect)* who sounded like they were not from America. One was from Connecticut and the other was from Toronto. Okay, at least I was 1 for 2. I struck up conversation with some guy who was closing out his tab and left before he could remember to take his credit card! Ahhhh. I picked it up and looked at DJ Pauly D.
*While I was conversing with the one from Connecticut, the biffle nugget texted me from a foot away asking, "Is that your dad?" Whatever. I'm a college student and I'm single. If I want to save a few bucks on drinks, I'm going to use my boobs, charm, and wit to do so. 

"He left his credit card...should we get a round of drinks?" I asked.
The biffle nugget who came out with us as well clearly had no problem with my suggestion by the look on her face. But then a feeling of guilt came over me before I could ask what everyone wanted to drink. I gave DJ Pauly D the credit card so he could try to find the guy outside but the guy already left. I told him to try to find him on Facebook and message him about his missing card. Hopefully good karma will come out of this situation.

When we left Barramundi, we were walking around for a place to eat. I find this hole in the wall with a huge, bright PIZZA sign above it. But it was mad sketchy - apparently that's what Kayla said to me. We turned around, opted to find a cab instead. While walking through the semi-empty streets and taking ridiculous pictures, I slipped in the post-storm slush and fell...on my ass. Dirty snow on my bum. And this gross dirt stain on my hands. "I just fell on my butt...I just fell on my butt...I JUST FELL ON MY BUTT!" Oh well, it was funny.

Back in New Gross, I took a cab that I clearly didn't have enough money to pay for. It cost $6.75 without tip. I only had $3 and some change. I scoop out all the change I have and say I'm so sorry (in Spanish...for some reason I thought he was Spanish) as I give him the dollar bills and handful of change. "Is okay," he says calmly. I felt really really bad.

I woke up at 8am slightly hungover and in a daze. I sat up for a while and realized Ah! My gyro! I quickly get out of bed and look in the pile of shit I took off my body last night and find my purse underneath. I find the brown paper bag in my purse with the leftover mess wrapped up in foil. And sit on my floor in my underwear and band T-shirt (Danger Radio to be exact) and finish my gyro. It was a little cold but still hit the spot.

Gi was up so I go in her room and chat. I told her I ate my leftover street food and she proceeded to give the most disgusted look she could make.

"Wait a minute, you had a gyro in your purse?"
"Well I remembered I still had some left over in my purse so I ate it this morning."
Long pause...
"I can't believe you ate leftover street food that you had in your purse."
Of course she was being sarcastic...I think. I mean, at least she wasn't judging me.

I texted my other friend about how I was feeling hungover...
Tor: How u feeling
Me: Eh. I'm watching real housewives in bed and drinking water
Tor: Alright sounds good. I just woke up. Maybe try eating something
Me: I ate the rest of my kebab I had from last night. It was in my purse lol. I think I'll have some corn.
Tor: Seriously?
Me: Lol I'm a mess.
Tor: Gross.
Me: I know I'm trash.

When it comes to grossed out friends with my post-drinking eating habits, I'm 2 for 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment