Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sleet day.

Today marks the first day of my last semester of college. Actually, it really doesn't. I don't have classes on Tuesdays because of my internship, which I'm starting on Thursday. And mind you, an internship that is generally casual in attire - meaning jeans and leggings - I'm all for.

There's a delay until 10am today. But I woke up to the rest of my street attempting to drive away to work or school or watering holes. Keyword: attempting. You can hear their tires balding on the slick pavement covered in slippery ice and powder. Great...so instead of sleeping in til 9am, I woke up at 8am to my neighbor attempting to leave their driveway. I hope they realize they're not doing their tires any good but accelerating in the saaaame spot in their driveway for well over twenty minutes.

After breakfast, I went out to clean my car off. Our driveway, which is on a hill was viciously slippery. Okay, I'm exaggerating but it was still not safe to nonchalantly prance on.

I texted Frump telling him the sleet reminded of a bon bon covered with a hard chocolate shell. "Sounds like some delicious weather," he said. What a clever duuuude! I kinda laughed as I was ripping the layers of ice off of my car. I looked like a barbarian...with UGGs on.

Let's hope this doesn't happen to anybody around here or anywhere. Then again, we must treat our tires like pets. One mustn't rub their tires on the pavement to the point they catch fire. Unless someone wants to reminisce boy scout days and attempt to make one. YOU'RE NOT GETTING A BADGE FOR "FRICTIONING" OUT OF A PARKING SPOT. Fucking clowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment