Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year, New Me...I hope?

As the end of 2010 is vastly approaching, there comes that annual New Years Resolution shit that most people feel inspired to do, or at least start. Goals for me tend to go unfinished. I don't know what it is but I just never really finish what I started and if I do, it's far from being on time. I still have goals that I've made for myself years ago that aren't even close to being met. Call me weak, call me lazy. But hey, I've happened to keep this blog going. I thought I'd get excited in the beginning, as I do with a majority of my goals and blog everyday. I did just that. Then I went off track but not necessarily. If I didn't blog one day, I'd blog the next day sometimes with more than one post. Sometimes I'll blog everyday for a week more than once a day! And it's not like many people read this so I guess I really am doing this blog for myself as I intended, and if anyone was interested in reading what goes on through my head, then awesome :)

Here are few goals or aspirations that I hope to fulfill this year:
- Lose a few lb's*
*everyone wants to lose weight. I remember when I used to work at my old gym, everyone would be signing up for new memberships. Majority of the time, these new members would have kids they would check into Childcare, the department where I worked. So instead of the regular members who came in on a daily basis with their little ones, I also had new members coming in and those people with memberships that were starting to collect dust from not coming in for a while. Work would be a lot messier, a lot louder, and a lot more miserable. Huff. [[Needless to say, I loved that job & I love kids]]
- Take opportunities career-wise, relationship-wise, etc.
- Work more (ha!)
- Manage my spending (double ha!)
- Take risks

There are certainly others and these are not goals that are set in stone...just yet. I should make the goals above something to deeply think about and attempt to do. But in all serious I really do want to make changes with my life this coming new year. I want to be comfortable in my own skin, do things I normally wouldn't do (hopefully with the support of close friends and family), feel accomplished and successful for once in a long time, all the while not forgetting who my friends and family are. Senior year is tough and sometimes all we want to do is go to bed after a long day. But we can't get these college years back unless we attempt to fail numerous times just to stay in college a little longer. But I've spent enough of my mother's money on more than just college...and shoes.

This is going to be easier said than done. But this is my plan and I will do something with my life this semester. I just know it :)

Have a Happy New Year!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment