Saturday, January 15, 2011

Some more housekeeping items...

Along with my introduction to budgeting this semester, I have spent this past week at pre-season training. It  all started when I went to the gym to go running Monday morning. While my friend slept in (you know who you are) instead of meeting me at the gym, I ran 3 miles, elliptical, some weight machines, and wanted to finish with some abs. I proceeded to the core room and ran into one of my coaches.

Fuck, I thought then proceeded to chat with her. I knew about pre-season training this week but had to work at 10am that morning and the training sessions would be all week from 7am to 10am. I figured I'd go on Tuesday. I decided to join the rest of my team in the core room, where they were finishing up the first day of training with some core exercises. I walked in like a late, sweaty, straggler and did two core workouts with them before saying, "Okay, I have to shower. I have work at 10am."

Training wasn't too bad. It's good to be erging again and sweating heaps all over. This will hopefully add some variety to my mostly running regimen. Don't get me wrong, I am sore as hell and this stuff is realllyyyyy tough at times, but it's good to get back into it.

Yesterday, our head coach took those of us who came back to school early for pre-season training (about 13 of us I wanna say) cross country skiing. None of us have done it before but he said it was a great alternative to erging. We would use the same muscles we would normally use when rowing. I fell on my ass a few times and I was the one wayyyy far behind in the back while everyone trekked up front. I even got lapped by an old lady. Oh well, I wasn't too concerned about being with the rest of the pack. The winter park we went to was so scenic and the white snow everywhere was simply amazing and beautiful. I was able to do a lot of thinking on my own in between slips and falls in the snow.

I also worked this week, dealt with a snow storm, did a baby sitting stint, and scarfed down some epic good sushi (much needed by the way because I haven't had it in a longgg time), found a new place for drinks, and cried about my financial credit.

Oh, and saw Black Swan. Talk about weird. "Weird like confusing? Out there? Fucked up?" one of my guy friends asked me. "All of the above," I responded. Overall, it was good. I love Natalie Portman. I want to be her.

This was my fortune after I had sushi last night...hopefully it's true and will happen and be awesome and make me happy.
If you can't read it, it says: A good time to start something new :)

No comments:

Post a Comment