Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ridiculous videos of note.

Ever see some ridiculous things on television only to find them on the Internet soon after? Of course YouTube has become the popular go-to site to all things ridiculous...in a sense of being funny or remotely stupid. Anywho, here are some videos I've been meaning to share because of their, well, ridiculousness-ish-ism...ridiculousity? You get the idea.

The first is for The Romantic Depot, an adult novelty boutique store located near my college town. You've seen these stores along half-heavy trafficked highways or in small towns where they still play with pogs or go duck-hunting or have those small mom & pop diners. I've driven past a few hear and there and even when I go home to Delaware. I'm not saying Delaware has those types of towns or anything but you kinda have an idea or an impression of where these adult boutiques would be located. I hope? Whatever, this post isn't about Delaware. Granted, it's a small state and yeah, maybe we do still play with pogs but those mom & pop diners make good cherry cobbler. Huff. Okay...

"Because the entrance is in the rear"? Are you fucking kidding me? You would put that on television? I'm pretty sure I saw this on MTV but still, you have baby prostitutes watching MTV let alone being on MTV when they get pregnant. I don't know about you guys but I live in a 3-person household both at home and at school. I know my roommates wouldn't care but my mom would certainly ask about a rear entrance if she heard the commercial and my dad would totally make a sexual joke or slur (I know this for a fact and it's not just because one of his favorite movies is Animal House). Also, we have a case of a has-been...Victoria Zdrok, FORMER Penthouse Pet, as stated in the commercial.

Another ridiculous video...or maybe it's just ridiculous for Marketing and Advertising majors...the Chex Mix product placement in an episode of The Days of Our Lives (try saying it in that dramatic soap opera-y voice, it's great). How obvious can you get?

The :30 second mark is great and I love how after she spills the salad dressing she covers the name of it so you don't know it's KEN'S STEAK HOUSE brand of salad dressing. As for the flavor...hmmm, I wanna go with a Vinaigrette of some sort. After this video plays, go ahead and look at the other products this soap opera loves to make money off of.

No comments:

Post a Comment