Friday, December 24, 2010

Rest your weary heads, all is well.

It's Christmas Eve and I'm killing time waiting to go to Midnight Mass - as well as see my dad's debut with the church choir! Yeah, a little before Thanksgiving he joined the church choir after much coaxing by middle-aged women who heard him sing in Mass before. He didn't tell me until I saw him leaving last Wednesday night to go out somewhere.

"Where are you going?" I ask.
"Choir practice." He says.
"Choir practice?" I ask confused.
"Yeah, I have choir practice." He says as he goes down the stairs.

I said nothing. I'm kinda glad he's doing something with his free time besides selling and trading his old baseball cards on eBay. Yeah, my dad does that too. I think if I was younger, I'd be embarrassed that he's in the church choir. But good for him.
                                                                                                                           

I was listening to this song that I believe describes a city that I am fortunate enough to live near: NYC.

I don't know what it is about this "city that never sleeps" but it brings everyone from everywhere to it. The history, the culture, the buildings, the attractions, the shows, the food, the people, the stars, the art, the chaos of it all intrigues me and I love it. I hope to one day live in that beautiful place among prosti-tots and grimy hooligans and arrogant pricks that also serves as a home to aspiring singers & actors, starving artists, charming entertainers, and award-winning chefs. Even if that means I'll be residing in a hole in a wall while living off of cigarettes, ramen noodles, & vodka. Cheers, everyone.

Thugs and bad men // Punks and lifers // Fucked up interns // Pigs and snitches // Rest your weary heads, all is well // You won't be strip-searched, torn up tonight // You won't be cut up, bleeding tonight // You won't be strung out, cold, shaking to your bones // Wishing you were anywhere else but right here // So dream on // Thieves and muggers // Tricks and hustlers // Cheats and traitors // Scum and low-lives // Rest you weary heard, all is well // You won't be sad or broken tonight // You won't be squealed on, ripped up tonight // You won't be back-stabbed, double cross, face down // Teeth knocked out, lying in a gutter somewhere // So dream on // Freaks and junkies // Fakes and phonies // Drunks and cowards // Manic preachers // Rest your weary heads, all is well // You won't be pushed or messed with tonight // You won't be lied to, ruffed up tonight // You won't be insane, paranoid, obsessed // Aimlessly wandering through the dark night // 
So dream on.


Happy Christmas and good tidings to you and your kin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment