Sunday, March 6, 2011

Musical Musings

Since there's nothing to do on a rainy day in Delaware - slightly due to the fact that I'm lazy and do not want anything to do with my homework && some unreliable "friends" I was supposed to see while I was home never getting back to me (I'm not really fazed by it though because I'll be busy with studying - ha! and I've come to realize which lemons are worth the squeeze. Moreover, I don't keep in touch with anyone here minus my mother, which I'm okay with), I thought I'd share some tune-formation with you all.

#1: Lykke Li's new album Wounded Rhymes
The Swedish singer's second album has a cool, unique sound. The genre would be hard to describe: a little bit of indie slowness with hints of upbeat time-machine jazz ballads. Kinda similar to Adele who I will get to in a few. And the way you pronounce her name, Lykke Li, I think is LOO-kah Lee. The first 3 songs on this album are sauce, one of which is "I Follow Rivers"

#2: Adele's new album 21
This woman's voice gives me chills, she's that amazing. Similar to Lykke Li, the Brit has come out with her second album. Her first, 19, introduced her vocals to the world with hits such as "Hometown Glory" and her cover of Bob Dylan's "Make You Feel My Love". Great listens on 21 include "Rolling in the Deep" and her cover of The Cure's"Lovesong".


#3 FREE TUNES on Urbanoutfitters.com!
How sweet of them to give out free tunes. Then again, they should. Although they have great clothing that lasts a lifetime, it comes with a hefty price. I do shop there once in a while for one-of-a-kind unique finds that I know I will cherish and get much use out of. Get these 23, yes TWENTY THREE FREE songs HERE. It's simpler if you have an iTunes account already because they just start downloading automatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment