Friday, May 11, 2012

I GOT 99 PROBLEMS AND THEY ALL BITCHES

Happy Friday, y'all!

Remember Eve? My mom wanted to get those same titty claw tats when I was younger. And Missy Elliott? She's awesome - I want her to come back with some crazy shit with Timbaland. I used to rock a pair of Timberland boots to school dances when I was in grammar school.

Don't hate.

And Kelis? Well, her milkshake did bring the boys to the yard but I think these days she's more concerned about making milkshakes for Nas's babies.

Well, considering it's Friday, I figured I talk about some beef between two cray cray femcees:
Lil Kim' vs. Nicki Minaj  

I didn't even know much about this feud until someone told me about it last night, but I found some info on the beef from XXL Features (holla!). They both came out with albums with the word "Friday" in the title: Nicki's Pink Friday that I'm sure more people are familiar with. But Lil Kim came out with a rebuttal album called Black Friday. Time to take the door knocker earrings out and throw some 'bows, oh snap, crackle, and popppp!!! 

I remember Lil Kim in the 90s. I was all over "The Jumpoff" and I do agree that she puts the "range in the Rova" but at the same time I like Nicki because she's all "rah, rah like a dungeon dragon," and when I work out to "Roman's Revenge" I get goosepimples #runnershigh. But this feud, if anything, is just downright stoopid. Fame makes everyone hungry like a hippo and spaz out here and there and everywhere. Ugh.

I mean they both have pros and cons. If I had to choose between the two, I couldn't really make a decision right now. Maybe in the future if one of them decides to do something heinous. Actually, I don't think that'll really prevent me from still listening to both of them. They both have good jams! Some may argue that Lil Kim spits out some dirty girl lyrics but she's also been doing this for more than two decades so all that experience makes her a legend in the hip-hop community. At the same time, Nicki Minaj along with her three alter-egos are making names for themselves. And she seems to be combining different genres into her songs, collaborating with different artists. Listening to both of the Friday albums, they aren't keen of each other. One day they're both gonna end up in the same nursing home. They should bury the hatchet before they start having wheelchair rap battles during bingo. They're both talented and both albums are pretty good in my book. They both collaborate with great artists too! While these two are feuding, I suggest EVERYONE listen to this diss..."It's a party on your face and I'm about to dance on it"


Now if I were to do a collab, a #SICK off-the-chain collab I would include the following:
Justin Vernon, Ezra Koenig, Nick Littleton, Tim Berg (obviously), Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Marcus Mumford, Kimbra, and maybe Da Brat if she's not busy. Oh, and a Tupac hologram.

I leave you with some awesome jams for your Friday, whether it's pink, black, or good. You can reminisce about those days in middle school when you used to rock your Baby Phat purse and Ecko Red jeans. Or maybe I'll just do that. Enjoy!


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

No comments:

Post a Comment