Tuesday, May 22, 2012

How I'm currently feeling in 3 songs or less

I don't know if horoscopes are really true, but I still read them anyways.

Besides that random fact about myself, my current emotional state can be summed up in by three songs by the same band: Animal Collective.

I guess I've been listening to "Tomorrow Never Knows" A LOT ever since I heard it in that Mad Men episode. Actually, that whole album, Revolver, is sick. I had it on repeat a few weeks ago. Almost 8 hours straight of a less-than-45-minute album.

Anywho, yeah...Animal Collective. Thanks to my kind, red-headed friend Emma who introduced me to some of their stuff junior year, I've grown a fondness for all that trippy stuff. If you're all about that psychedelic, weird, hippie shit, then AC will do wonders for your brain and endorphins and make you feel like a magical gopher/sea otter/dolphin baby ready to face paint with little Indians in glittery forests and makes things out of paper mache.

I don't know where that came from.

But yeah, I was listening to them last weekend and I definitely thought these three songs described how I'm currently feeling*
*"Currently" meaning the past week or so.
The music videos are really weird (brace yourself if you're normal) but the songs ARE SO FRICKIN' GOOD!


My Girls
This song - there are no words. I'm in love with this song it kills me. Well, not kill me. But shit, I internally freak out when I listen to this.



Guys Eyes
There's something weirdly sexy about this song. Maybe it's the lyrics. I don't know. But oomf.



Summertime Clothes
And this one, well, just because I'm excited for the sweet, sweet summahtime and I can't wait to wear shorts, dresses, short dresses, close to nothing, that sort of thing :)

And one more thing - Their album cover for Merriweather Post Pavillion (2009) looks like it's MOVING...trippy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment