Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Bug's Life

Sometimes when I feel like I'm being put back together after some significant event, I always think about worker ants. I picture myself like a project and the worker ants slowly but surely are putting me back together, carrying each piece to the building site.

I've heard that the heart is the strongest organ in the human body. But I also believe that it takes the longest to heal. Sometimes you feel like you lose yours or it's been damaged too much. Or maybe you simply don't take care of it with the things you pollute your body with. After certain events I feel as if I need to replace mine with a brand new one. As if the one I have has been kicked around too much. As if a crane is lifting in a new chandelier into a dining room. Picture worker ants operating a crane. Even better, picture them wearing hard hats. It's more entertaining that way.

When you attempt to put yourself back together, it's a process no matter what the situation is. You're rebuilding yourself from the ground up and it's not an easy task. You can't use a magic wand to easily place a chandelier in place and have it stay hanging there with ease. What if it falls and shatters everywhere because it wasn't put in place properly? Like worker ants, you need to give yourself a break. Sometimes when I'm driving home to Delaware, I always see vacant construction sites and sometimes it's for months on end. I'll drive past the same construction site over the course of a six-month period and that section of the New Jersey Turnpike will still be worked on. Like a construction site, it can take a very long time to rebuild yourself. And that sole fact isn't always taken lightly. Be calm.

The movie had a happy ending so you might as well think that way.

I leave you with this scene from the movie A Bug's Life. Heimlich - he's just so frickin' precious.

Beautiful Butterfly

No comments:

Post a Comment