Sunday, May 29, 2011

Summertime Clothes

Hookay, catch-up time. I'm out of the old place and living in the new, which is definitely an upgrade considering my new place comes with friends (in the form of guy friends - I don't mind living with guys, I've done it before), a spacious bedroom, and CENTRAL AIR.

The move was quite...back-n-forth, with a lot of self-sufficiency and sweat. I used my two-door Sheila, a black currant colored 1999 Honda Accord V6. A lot of stuffing of bags and suitcases full of clothing, toiletries, and knick-knacks. For bigger items like my bed, that was taken care of considering I traded beds with Frump who will be one of my roomies!

As you can see, I kinda got lazy with the clothes. I was lacking bags to put my massive amount of clothing into. So, as any lazy college graduate getting ready to move would do, I took the dresser drawers out, stacked them in the back seat like so, and put the dresser in my trunk, which had to be strapped down because it didn't fully close. It made moving my dresser into my room quite convenient :)

By the time we moved out a majority of the bigger living room items, our apartment was turning into a close to vacant hot box. As the summer heat affected the interior of our living area (we didn't have A/C to begin with), living there was close to unbearable. The only things keeping us there was the television. We would eat dinner on the floor and watch television like little kids propped up on our elbows. I kind of wish we didn't have so much living room furniture so we had all this place to do somersaults and cartwheels. Yeah, that's a pint of Ben & Jerry's. Definitely try Red Velvet Cake, it's bomb.

So with the majority of our shit out of our old apt. We took a moving break on Saturday and hit the beach. I've never been to Jones Beach before but the sun was out and while everyone else went on family vacations down at the shore, we opted to stay local for the day. No traffic (surprisingly) AND we even saw an air show. Tons of planes and fighter jets zipped and zoomed through the sky while I got mah tan on.

Unfortunately, we burnt to a crisp. Most of us. And we all got random sunburns. Mine was alllllll over the back of my legs. My ass was fried. Literally. Since I can't post a picture of my ass on my blog (or at least I choose not to), I will post a funny pic of Frump's sunburn he got before we went to Jones Beach. He, like myself, didn't fully apply sunscreen to his entire body that would be exposed to the sun.  If I had the courage to expose my burnt hiney to you all, you would see how much the sun and I did not get along. Rough start to summer sun.


But my shit is all moved in! After a lot of stair-climbing, sweating, and driving to and fro, I have finally made myself a resident at the Pelhamdale residence. Initially a sausage-fest of my guy friends, my old roomie Gi and myself will be calling two bedrooms our home for the next year. A few of us friendly folk went out for din-din at a burger joint called Westchester Burger Company for some much needed grub. I don't eat red meat so eating a burger was not on my list of things to shove in my face. Buuuut as said before, "you had me at avocado," and when my friend Erol told me they have all kinds of burgers and some have avos on them, I was sold. We turned around - after being en route to The Cheesecake Factory - and drove to this burger joint. I've never been here before so I was definitely an experience. A good one at that. Not only do they serve french fries with syrup as a dipping sauce, but they also serve most of their burgers between two slices of thickly-sliced white bread. My friend McKeon order The Entourage, a 10 oz. burger between TWO grilled cheeses. Yes, you heard me (bitch). I can't fathom eating that much but it's quite a challenge for the adventurous type. I opted for The Greenhouse burger - a veggie burger with avocado, frisse, carmelized onions, and remoulade (whatever that is - kidding, it's like mayo but better). I didn't realize that it had TWO veggie patties. Christ on a cracker, it was huge. Good thing I switched my fries for a side salad. WOOF.
I can't believe I ate the whole thing. 
Tomorrow is Memorial Day, and thank God I'm off. I'll be able to sleep in, finish unpacking, and still enjoy the perks of going to a four-year Catholic academic institution that recognizes certain Monday holidays. But this time, I get paid :)

No comments:

Post a Comment