Monday, May 9, 2011

Shit, it's almost been a week!

As you can see, my college career is coming close to an end. Preparing for finals, polishing final projects, and saying those sad "Thank yous" and "Goodbyes" to people who surprisingly made an impact on my four-year undergraduate life. Graduating is gonna suck. I don't know anything besides going to class and practice, being involved on campus, voluntarily making myself project leader for group assignments, and raising my hand when the professor takes attendance. Can you imagine...raising your hand when you have to ask an employer a question? Christ, I'm scaring myself.

The home stretch is commencing and I'm shitting myself immensely. I don't seem like it because I have a great handle on composing myself in times of stress. I have also adopted this non-chalant attitude towards last minute things of importance - a place to live, a dress for formal, packing up my shit to move to unknown future place of residency, etc. But I still remembered to send my beautiful, loving mama flowers for Mother's Day. See, I'm not so bad.

In reality, I can't always get what I want. And it takes time to finally have my life fall into place. I don't know when that will be but I'm confident that I'm going to survive. The academic year has been a whirlwind of emotions both good and bad (this may highly in part due to my emotional states throughout the year). But I'm still here! And I'm graduating in 6 days...with honors surprisingly. My mom noticed on my graduation card it said my full name with "cum laude" underneath of it. "Oh my! Oh my goodness!" she proclaimed. "Yeah, I didn't know I got that. It's really not that big of a deal, mom." "But still! It is nice. I'm proud of you, Julilu!" I love my mama.

Note to readers, this is NOT my final post!

No comments:

Post a Comment