Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cheers to college!

I take my last undergraduate final tomorrow morning at 9am. It's on about five chapters of Consumer Behavior Marketing material and I have not looked at it yet. I ate dinner, selectively listened to episodes of America's Next Top Model while I read some Thought Catalog...aloud to myself on my couch. No one is here so why not? In the midst of reading some of the best written material ever to grace the digital space, I came across probably the best advice for those graduating high school seniors, a group I wish I could be part of. But I'm graduating college...in five days. And the only thing I can fathom to think mirrors those unforgettable words that little groggy David said in that memorable YouTube video: "Is this real life?!"

If only I could turn back time and experience yet another amazing four years of pretty much every stereotypical college moment that people older than me warned me of. Funny thing is, I probably wouldn't have done anything different. Okay, that's a lie because there were probably moments in time when I should have gone to Specs, punch that girl in the face, or make out with that guy. Oh well, I'm never too old for those sort of things. So cheers to my fellow seniors who I will see tomorrow at our Senior Formal aka Prom with older kids. Dresses, hair, makeup, dates (mine is the biffle nug - we I established that we will be the designated lesbian couple at our table of boy/girl combos...we'll definitely be a conversation piece for all of those other tables of girls who definitely went tanning wayyyy too much) and don't forget the booze (Open Bar, I love you). Because we all know how much we deserve a drink after all nighters in the library, bouts with the printers that run out of paper, and a multitude of study breaks by looking at everyone's Facebook statuses about how much finals suck.

For those other graduating college seniors (because I don't have a large enough fan base who reads my blog to relate to those entering college), here is a great article to remind you of those "remember whens" and "so trues" of college daze. Watch the video too, it's...SoOoOoOo Trueeee

Aspects of College by Oliver Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment