Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sleazy Cannibals...

Hi, hello there...play this iPod while you read this epic concert review sauce...
MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com
It's been almost a week since the Cashew show and I am still jimping in my pants over it. I wish the show never ended, it was that fun. Ke$ha (yeah, throw in dat dolla sign!) really knows how to put on a show and the fact that many people (at least I'd like to think many people) associate her with grunge and glitter and animalistic dirtyness are probably right for thinking so. And that's probably why I think she is so frickin' cool. Granted, the girl sounds like loon during interviews, she is very entertaining.

If you don't recall from a previous post long, long ago, I blogged about Cashew (this is what I call her) and her garbage-chic style. If you don't remember, read this post: Cashew Intrigue Me

And to be quite honest, a few minutes into her show, I kinda got...a girl crush on Cashew. dun-Dun-DUN! (in slow motion, now) GiiiiiiirrrrrrrrRRRRRRLLLLLLLLllllllll ccrrrrRRRRRUUUUUUUSssssssshhhhh.

Yeah, one of those on Cashew. Oh well, she doesn't give a fuck which makes her glittery trash bandits flock to her. Of course, I didn't get my stolen camera replaced yet and I wasn't about to hog all of Katie's battery to film all of the greatness in Roseland Ballroom that night. So, I used my spiffy Blackberry camera and video recorder. Oh, did I mention these were VIP passes she scored? Yeah, VIP as in a balcony view over looking all the general admissioners  while seeing the entire stage minus the sweaty bodies below. However, we weren't as close as the GA's but hey, I'm not complaining! Take a glimpse at these phone pics and soak in all dat glitter...

Glitter everywhere, rockstar madness, balloons gallore, and...a giant penis and pear walking out on stage. Not only did she have a dude dressed up in a Santa outfit be her little guru guy pumping up the audience but she also had a guy dressed in a pear costume and another person in a penis outfit come out on stage during "Grow a Pear." FAMAZING.

I don't know if you can see but Ke$ha is on the left, the huge penis next to her, the guy they grabbed out of the audience to sit in a chair and be serenaded to and the random Pear man. The penis proceeded to hit Andrew (the uber, dirty boy fan from the audience) in the face with the oversized testicles during the chorus. Awesome.





So much magic! Now for the videos (bare with me, I never uploaded phone vids onto my blog before) And I know, the quality sucks but...whatever! I went and you didn't so there!
Tik Tok


Backstage action during her encore "We R Who We R" (DJ, turn it up!)

Since Katie interned for a concert venue company, we were able to have backstage access. So, we set up camp to hopefully meet Cashew. After her gig, she came down the ramp pouring a bottle of water on herself then proceeded to sign a young girl's photo. The girl had cerebral palsy and Katie had her and her family stand with us just in case we were able to meet Cashew. "I have to go shower and then I'll be right out" is what Cashew said to the little girl. We waited for over an hour. It was already close to midnight and I have practice at 530am. We called it a day as we saw men running in and out of the side entrance transferring equipment into trucks and others taking down the set on the stage. I was sad that I couldn't meet my girl crush but I thought maybe it just wasn't meant to be...for nowwww. RAH!






No comments:

Post a Comment