Tuesday, April 5, 2011

GRE Prep Book

I was asked to review a blog/site and give an opinion on it. This kind of reminds me of my internship. But even though I don't give my reviews on blogs at my internship, I'm usually skimming through reviews on blogs. But nowwwwwwww...it's my turn. I reviewed http://greprepbook.org/. My first issue would be the fact that the site claims that "We provide you with...", "Our students have an average GRE score of..." But who the hell are you? I understand your product is called the GRE Prep Book but who is the company that makes it? Clearly, I went to the "About" page and learned that is was FOUNDED by 3 UC Berkeley grad students. I feel if a product is considered "the best" product, a company that makes it should have a name rather than use the product name as a company names as well. I don't know, that's just me. The site definitely needs more testimonials...and the :25 second testimonial by "Tim" didn't win me over.

It's also obvious that the site was made on WordPress :\

However, the site has great attributes. I have many friends who majored in Speech Pathology, a major that requires soon-to-be graduates to attend graduate school. I've seen numerous friends stress over the GREs but haven't heard of many who go out of their way of taking Prep courses or utilizing Prep guides and books. And the few that did, definitely benefited from the extra studying. The GRE Prep Book is a great way of preparing for the GREs in all aspects of the dreaded standardized test. SATs all over again? Woof. GRE Prep Book covers Math, Vocab, Analytical Writing, Comprehension, and my favorite...Synonyms. Is there a synonym for "synonym"? Ah, yes..."equivalent." But clearly that word isn't as cool as "synonym." :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your share! I think this information is helpful for everyone. I'm doing practice GRE in masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.

    ReplyDelete