Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ode to thee Stoner.

I had a lovely conversation with a Black Cat with Green Eyes on Facebook. Don't worry, she's actually a friend of mine. We're both from the First State and we met abroad. SMALL WORLD! She sent me this lovely spin on Twas the Night before Christmas...

‘Twas the night before 4/ 20, when all through society
Not a pothead was stirring, no reason for anxiety;
The kush was all ground, and rolled with such care,
For others may come, and I must be prepared;
The stoners asleep all comfy on the couch,
No cause for alarm, they probably passed out;
And…
It ends there...because apparently that's where the stoner passes out according to BCGE.

FUNNY SIDENOTE
When I was abroad, I was talking to the Irish construction worker I nicknamed Blue Shirt because the first time I met him (at a club called The Clink - to go along with that theme of prisoner colony and the noise chains make along jail cells) he was wearing a blue shirt. He had a strong brogue but one thing that tied him to American culture was that he smoked pot. I'm not Americans are the only ones who smoke but I had this stereotypical notion in my mind that Irishmen stuck to Guinness and other forms of alcohol (along with the staple of corn beef and cabbage). Never did I think they smoked the ganja. Anywho, a few friends of mine were trying to look for some so I flat out asked him if he knew anyone who had any. We were foreign exchange students and the last thing we would establish on our time abroad were solid drug connections. Ha! "I'll see what I can do for ya," he texted back. When I asked him, it was the night before 4/20. I assumed this to mean, "Yeah darling, you're shit outta luck." So I went to bed. I woke up at 8am to a ring from my phone. Who the FUCK is texting me this early? I thought. "Hey, I found ya some weed!" Blue Shirt responded. Hours later, we met up and he gave me this huge foiled ball. Didn't ask for money or anything. "My boss gave it to me," he said. And that was that.

The funny part about this whole thing was that he had no idea what 4/20 was. Neither did I. But I had an inkling it was tied to something so I just bullshitted. "Oh, well, you see, April 20th is Earth Day and Americans just like to smoke pot to celebrate it," I told him.

Happy 4/20 to all who celebrate it (not including myself).


And for more enjoyable rants on today read this funny thought from one of my new favorite sites to geek over, Thought Catalog. How to Get Too Stoned

No comments:

Post a Comment