Friday, April 22, 2011

(Not-So) Good Friday

I came home to the First State for Easter. After a night of bittersweet celebration in the city (bittersweet because it was my last day interning) with all of my roommates and two alumni guest stars (who I superdy duperdy missed), I wouldn't say I was thrilled for what was supposed to be a two and a half hour (two hours and fifteen minutes when I drive) trip south. But hey, nothing beats paying $30 for what seemed like a $300+ tab. Thank God (and the biffle nug) for those online discount things :)

Apparently, people like to visit family or just go down south for Easter. And of course they all had to get through Delaware to reach their final destinations. Traffic out the ying-yang. I didn't eat since 530am this morning (I found my half-eaten kebab wrapped in foil in my purse - this is the second time I ate leftover street grub after a night of city-slicking...I know I'm gross). And I had to pee. I left New Gross a little after eleven this morning (after not even filling up my tank all the way with really expensive unleaded fuel - $4.17 including tax and I put $45 in my tank...WOOF). I got to Delaware at 320pm. I pulled into the driveway only to realize I left my house keys at my apartment back in New York in a purse I don't use as much these days. I couldn't get into my home. I wanted to throw my cell phone into the bushes. But I abstained, had a tantrum on the phone with mommy, then proceeded to accelerate through my neighborhood to my mom's office, where I picked her up so she could let me inside the house. This worked out perfectly considering she got off of work at 4pm anyways and I arrived that time. Twenty minutes later I was able to pee, eat, and watch Road to Perdition.

I just finished applying to about ten jobs online. Yes, I applied to more jobs and I'm expecting to hear from nil. Oh well, I already told my parents I'm not moving back home. They've accepted that and continue to support me in my job-hunting endeavors.

Essentially, everything that I just typed involves things I don't wanna talk about - expensive gas, traffic, forgotton keys among other items, job hunting. But clearly, I just pseudo-vented about them via blog.

Luckily, this included some lovely highlights - alumni friends who I missed dearly, cheap night out, great last day interning, talking to an old "friend"; things I wish to ellaborate on later this weekend.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment