Friday, April 8, 2011

Food for thought...and consideration

Soooo....last Friday a professor took my friend and I out for lunch to celebrate my birthday a few days early. We're pretty much his favorite students from our class we took with him last semester. He took us to this really nice Italian restaurant that we frequent here and there. When our lunches came out, I couldn't help but whip out my camera phone and take a picture, something I tend to do with a lot of things I consume. I just can't help it! I want to document great things I enjoy and look at it later on thinking, "Yeah, I fucking enjoyed it and so did my tummy!" Some things I've refrained from posting but I think this is a great post to add some scrumptous pics too...They're not in any particular order.

Wasabi Peas. I don't know where this fascination sparked from but these things are really fun trinkets to snack on. They're crunchy with this whirlwind of KICK! Wasabi is a root made as a condiment with a very strong taste. Sometimes if I snack on too many, my brain feels like it'll explode. It's kind of like a drug-induced experience. Can you imagine snacking on like five of these bad boys before going out and just losing your shit like an out of body experience? Madness. Unfortunately, this hefty container of wasapeas (haha I'm a genius) is gone.


7oz. bottles of Rolling Rock. I don't drink this beer, er, I haven't tried it yet. But I found this little guy in an Allendale grocery store. They came in a pack of 8...so it's almost like drinking six 12oz. bottles. Actually, I don't think so because eight 7oz. bottles make 42 ounces which is less than six 12oz. bottles which equal 72 ounces. Simple Arithmetic 101. Again, I'm a genius.




Ice Cream Parlor Mix Jelly Bellies. I'm a big fan of the brand to begin with. They simply know how to put the essence of each flavor into every little bean. It's as if you're really eating a low cal sundae. It's an explosion of flavor! A big, giant, huge burst of treat awesomeness. I'd say I really enjoy Our Strawberry Blonde & Birthday Cake Remix flavors in this bunch. Oh, and if you haven't looked at the picture, the flavors in this mix are inspired by Cold Stone Creamery! And they're definitely A LOT cheaper than the sundaes.

Red Mango Frozen Yogurt. Now here's a place where I don't miiiind spending four or five dollhairs on some frozen goodness. If you read my blog on the reg, you'll know how close Red Mango, or any fro-yo for that matter, is to heart...it almost surpasses avocados...or maybe is tied with avos. Anyways, there's not much to explain with dis. This picture features pomegranate flavor on top, strawberry fro yo at the bottom, wet nuts (yeah, I like wet nuts), pomegranate seeds, and rainbow jimmies! MMMM



GUAC. Yes. There is no explaining the epic amazingness of this delicious fruit. Yes, it is a fruit.

McSorley's Irish Pale Ale. I opened up one of these babies after I came home from a very productive, busy day interning yesterday! The biffle nug bought some of these at a grocery in the city and brought some home. It was good! It'd probably be a lot better to enjoy at the actual McSorley's in the city. What's sad is that I've walked past it numerous times and never went in. Maybe because at the time I was an underage nugget but since I'm an old bird now (considering I just turned 22 this past Monday...woof), I can go enjoy a nice cold one at the famous watering hole. I was told it's the oldest one in the nation? Meh, who knows. They serve alcohol...that's the important part.


This may not look like anything all too familiar. But it's probably one of the few times I've had salmon cooked to perfection. And this is actually the second time ordering this dish. It's on the lunch menu at a cute, little Italian restaurant near campus called Da Giorgio, the place our teacher took my friend and I. It's a petite piece of salmon with arugula drizzled in the best balsamic I've ever had, topped it with halved cherry tomatoes. Molto bueno! (I don't know if I said or spelled that right).


CAN SIZED ARNOLD PALMER. If the bigger cans or bottles are too much of the former golf pro for ya there's a nice little can to enjoy! These things are so cute. If you don't know what an Arnold Palmer is, go get hit by a car or beaten with a golf club it's half iced tea and half lemonade. So good, so refreshing. And Mr. Palmer isn't too shabby looking either on that spiffy can. Remember to recycle.



Rold Gold Everything Bagel Pretzels. The joy of an everything bagel combined with pretzel bliss. They really tastes like Everything bagels! Get yourself a bag today!

No comments:

Post a Comment