Friday, February 11, 2011

Soooo...I think it's a little late for a last weekend update

Didn't mean to rhyme but that's how it came out.

I've been meaning to fill you all in on my weekend a few days ago. "All" as in my followers who are probably going off to other cool blogs to read because they probably update theirs better than I do.

But if I could defend myself, which I will, the reason why I haven't updated this is because I've been sick. Deathly ill. Body aches, fever, chills, runny/stuffy nose, uncontrollable cough, sore throat, congestion. The whole nine yards. Tuesday sucked. Wednesday was better but still sucked. Thursday was okay but the coughing made it suck. Today, well, I'm hoping it'll just be okay.

Quick recap of last weekend...

Very enjoyable. Had something to do every day of the weekend.

Friday - hung out with old biddies; my old roomie's boyfriend and his pals were having a gathering in the apartment across the street from hers. I didn't drink because I had practice the next morning but I still had a good time sober. I saw some guy friends that I haven't seen in a long time or weren't expecting to see. Lots of laughs. I also saw my other roommates that didn't really care to see me. Meh, whatevs. They have a distaste for my old roomie that I'm still close with since freshmen year. Their loss :)

Saturday - Early morning practice, not too bad but still challenging. A late date, then dinner with same old roomie and other old roomie who transfered but came to visit for the weekend. We hung out in my old roomie's room before going to the bar around the corner. GREAT NIGHT. Saw sooo many familiar faces and friends and it was awesome because pretty much everyone I was friends with or knew well were in said bar. Don McLean's bar to be exact. I don't know if I went over that story about The Levy/Beechmont but I will in the future. I don't feel like talking about it right now. I even got to see my biffle nug who I don't see often on the weekends even though we live together :) $6 and lots of fun juice in my body later, I went on a McDoodle run with MK and friends. Oh, and a drunk dial ensued when MK and I called Muff Boobs. MK ate my fries. Quinones ordered the twenty-piece McNuggets for $5. And my roommates were summoned by a cab driver who came into McDoodle's to get them. Haha. Great moments.

Sunday - I crashed at MK's for the night. I basically had this whole Saturday night/Sunday morning thing planned out: park car in school garage, sleep at MK's, breakfast with old roomies, library, then gym. This was all to avoid having to drive home or pay for a cab. Everything is in such close vicinity to campus that I kinda wish I still lived near it enough not to need a car. A car makes things so annoying sometimes. And gas is fucking expensive. The biffle nug and I go to the Pelhamdale house for Superbowl fun with some close knit friends. Lots of grub, lots of laughs, lots of ooohs & ahhhs & ewws at the Superbowl commercials too. Biffle nug and I attempted to make a Midwest staple from her neighboring Wisconsin: cheese curds. Puffy, deep fried cheese. These didn't turn out like the authentic ones near her home but they still were okay. I'm not sure if I would want to fill my body with deep fried goodness next time. After Christina Aguilera butchered the National Anthem and the Packers won, for some reason nug & I get lost going home. My fault. I forgot when we were supposed to turn, making a five minute drive turn into a twenty minute drive home. It was foggy on the windows! Oh well, we shared some laughs.

Then this week came by and I got sick. Ew. I also had lots of work to do that I procrastinated on but still got done. I cancelled two dates, just so I can get better. Or hope to get better. Hopefully they'll be rescheduled. And I think they will be. No offense, but it's not like I planned on getting sick over getting free dinners. According to my internship supervisor, I was "pulled in a million directions" yesterday at the office. She had me doing lots of different tasks but I told her I enjoyed it because I was doing something different all day. I like being as busy as I was yesterday; no time to chat, I just kept on going with my work. And I even got a free massage!  A lady was hired to come in yesterday and gave everyone in the office a fifteen minute massage. Heaven. We all certainly needed one. I love not knowing what to expect at my internship...just these fun surprises at least. Oh, and the CEO was dog sitting for a friend so a lovely cockapoo was roaming around the office and barking from time to time.

I'll be off to Jersey tomorrow afternoon for some R&R at Tor's humble abode. We'll be Irish dancing again at some lovely function. Siege of Ennis, here I come! 1, 2, tree, 4, 5, 6, 7. Back, 2, tree, 4, 5, 6, 7. Circles! Circles! {all in an Irish/English accent}

I need to get my footing down by tomorrow night. AND I have the St. Valentine's Day Erg Massacre to look forward to tomorrow morning. 8 minutes of pure hell on an indoor rowing machine. Other schools in our conference will be joining us for this miserable event.

No comments:

Post a Comment