Monday, February 21, 2011

Picture Book.

Another weekend recap. What do you know, you should be glad I'm posting it on a Monday night rather than 4 days after today. The long Presidents' Day weekend was eventful. Lots of activities, friends, fun times, and laughs. And of course some drinks to keep everyone merry.

Thursday - Got let out early from my internship because the Internet was down. Woof. Saw Brooklyn for the first time and was able to make it down there via subways all by myself. I'm a big girl :) Went to dinner at a place in Murray Hill called Pio Pio. I think it's Peruvian food, which is interesting because I've never been to a Peruvian restaurant. There was fried calamari, fried plantains, half of a roasted chicken, yellow rice, and two amazing additions: Sangria and a PLATE FULL OF SLICED AVOCADO. My love of the uncanny fruit (yeah, it's actually a fruit, folks) is quite...intense.* Okay, not creepy intense but I fucking love avos. I'm surprised I'm not green from eating so many. I have been abstaining from buying them lately though because I'm budgeting :) I've been a little hectic with spending this past weekend, taking care of bills, paying people back that I've owed for a very long time, and just getting groceries that I haven't gotten for 3-4 weeks.
*one weekend in Jersey at Tor's house, Mama G was fixing us up some snacks before we went to the first Irish dancing benefit I went to. She said, "Do you guys want some avocado with the nachos or are you good for now?" My ears immediately perked up at the word "avocado." "Mom, you had Jules at avocado," Tor said. She was absolutely right. Whenever someone even says the word, my attention span increases to something higher than what it normally is (which is not that high in general...I have a really hard time focusing sometimes). 
A plate full of heaven. 
Friday - B-E-A-UTIFUL WEATHER. Perfect for running outside, which is what we did for practice. A 3.5 mile run from campus to the boathouse. We were there from 2:45ish to 6:30ish at night re-rigging boats. Woof. Picked up the biffle nugget at the train station and we made homemade pizza with McKeon, Quinonerz, & Frump! We were definitely successful too! I popped open some red wine and was very satisfied with my first time helping with homemade pizza. I was in charge of rolling out the pizza dough on a baking sheet. Whole wheat crust, sauce, shredded mozzarella, sauteed onions, green peppers, pepperoni, and turkey sausage. Add the bottle of red wine I won last weekend in Jersey with some great company and you've got yourself an awesome Friday night dinnah with some fwiends :)
Oh yeah. Communal-made heaven better than Digiorno. 


Frumpy wants some homemade pizza! Nom Nom
Saturday - a erg/aerobic/run relay for morning practice. Saw the movie The Roommate with Quinonerz & Frump. It had those jumpy, scary movie moments but it was overall kinda funny, a bit dumb, and you could totally tell is was low budget. But one has to admit, having crazy bitch, bipolar roommates is not okay and could totally happen in real life. I remember I went to a high school alum social a few years back and a girl I had homeroom with was telling me she had a bipolar roommate who keyed her car. Holy shit! Saturday night involved bowling, an activity we haven't done as a group before but it was nice to mix it up. There was a place in Yonkers that had a Saturday night special: $20 for 3 games and shoe rental. And there was also a myth that this place also had $3 pitchers. But it was a rumor because the pitchers were $8.50. Huff. We still had fun anyways. I went but simply watched. After bowling ended at midnight, we all drove back to my place for some beer pong and some chill hanging out. I envisioned a huge rager (not really) since my two roommates would be gone and I didn't wanna spend a Saturday night drinking alone. The night was fun.

Sunday - sunny enough for a run but spandex were definitely needed. Around 35ish degrees outside, almost got attacked by a stupid Jack Russell Terrier. Little shit. Good thing his owner had the little fucker on a leash. WoOoOoOof. Oh, and I need new running sneakers. My Asics that I usually wear when I run were too gross from running to the boathouse on Friday. We worked in the mud and walked through huge puddles of mud/melting snow. I used my old Nike Shox...eh painful.
Friends tell me I also need new socks. But I have a problem getting rid of socks if just one out of the pair is messed up or has a massive hole in the back, bottom, or toes of the sock. I have about...hmm...a shit ton of pairs with holes in them. Anyways, I need new shoes more importantly. Ones that don't have revealing hard plastic rubbing against the skin on my achilles causing blood to get on said socks, and causing me great pain when I walk. Now, I have socks that have holes AND blood on them. Cool. Kinda makes me look like a hardcore runner though, which is pretty badass.

Sunday also involved some sushi and ice cream with some friends. A great deal: any 2 rolls (from a list of certain rolls), soup & salad for $8.95. Holla. Washed it down with some Kirin Ichiban, Japanese beer I never had before. I like to try new things. But I must say it doesn't beat my beloved Blue Moons.

On our way to get ice cream at a parlor in Pelham called Double Rainbow (yeah, just like the YouTube video...you must watch, this guy is famous now for what seems to be him having an orgasm after spotting not 1, but TWO rainbows in the sky in the backyard of his California house. Old bear hippie man. Huff), we witnessed a group of cop cars with flashing lights speed down a side street with a row of houses. It was creepy but we followed in hot pursuit to see what was going on. We all had our own guesses at to what was going on: drug bust (after seeing about 4 of these cars drive on said street), Meth lab (after seeing a fire truck drive by with sounds and lights), overdose (after we saw an EMT drive toward the same area). I'll have to check the newspaper for more deets. We went back to the guys' house to play some Monopoly. I was the first to get a Monopoly, the first person to get the massive Free Parking pot, the first person to buy hotels for my properties, then get another monopoly, put more hotels on those...then I was the second person out. I never had a handle on my spending. I went home around midnight, with 3 of my guy friends still playing. Frump texted me around 1:30ish in the morning. After 5 hours and 18 minutes, the token Turk of our clan won.
The champ is here!
Hope everyone else had an eventful long weekend :) Happy Presidents' Day y'all.

1 comment:

  1. I think I came when I saw that plate of avocado slices.

    And those are some pretty bad-ass bleeding ankles!

    ReplyDelete