Friday, February 11, 2011

Dirty Girl Confession #2

As I've said in earlier posts, I currently have a reallyyyyy bad cough. I'm battling a cold/infection/flu-like symptoms/whatever.

I tend to do this every time I have  bad cough: buy cough medicine. Preferably syrup. I did it last year. My friend's dad is a doctor and sometimes if she was ever talking to him on the phone, I'd always have a medical question that I'd want to ask him. What can I say? I'm a Grey's Anatomy fan. One time I had a cough so bad, I asked her if she could ask him what helps with an uncontrollable cough. He said codeine. He asked for some basic info and about 45 minutes later, I was paying five dollars for codeine syrup at the local CVS. It helped.

Well, I wouldn't necessarily call this a "dirty" kind of confession. More like, "druggy" kind of confession. But I'm not a drug addict. I just sound like one. When I take cough medicine, I don't use those dainty, plastic cups the medicine comes with, even though they help when you're giving yourself the recommended does

WOW SIDENOTE
Some weird, Russian mob looking dude just approached me at the desk asking where the bathroom was (I think that's what he was saying). He had a blue-tooth thing in his ear (wow, he's so cool). And he slowly zig zagged to the bathroom down the hall. Uberrrrr creepy. Like scary almost. Ew he's coming this way. Eek! I hope he doesn't turn into a werewolf. What a fucking creep, he's walking so slow out of the building. Rahh!! Go away werewolf Russian mobster!

Back to my confession about cough syrup...

I had a really bad coughing spell on my way to night class. I had just gotten back from my internship, it was freezing out and I was making my way up the stairs. I have a hard time breathing in when I have these bad coughs. If I breathe in too much I start to cough and it hurts and it sounds really bad. I whipped out my bottle of cough syrup, listened for anyone in the stairwell. Nothing. Looked over my shoulder behind me. No one. I crack open the bottle and took a little swig. I felt better on the walk up. Kinda floaty.

Lil Wayne and his "drank"
Cough syrup. My medicinal flask. It kinda gives me upset stomach though. And gas. Woof. Its like something died in battle in my butt after drinking that stuff. Of course, I know this and still use it. What the hell is wrong with me?


This also reminds of the time I had a cough in Oz. What's great about the pharmacies (they call them chemists, it's so cool) down under is that you tell the pharmacist your symptoms and they give you what they suggest. It usually works wonders all the time because they're right and you don't need a prescription for most things. All of those syrups are behind them anyways so you can't get to them, which is good too. The Robitussin is in glass bottles and they don't give you those spiffy measuring cups. I cracked open this bottle in a public restroom while I waited for my friend to pee. Some woman looked at me with pure confusion and fear as she saw me swig from the bottle like a juice. I had no shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment