Sunday, October 16, 2011

Life isn't exactly like the movies but my goodness this is so true...

I haven't seen The Holiday yet but my roommate Gianna told me about this speech Kate Winslet made in the movie. Movies come attached with this gray area - life isn't like the movies but at the same time, we all experience similar situations and think to ourselves, "Ugh that's so fucking true!" And then we get mad when things actually turn out well because in actuality, that doesn't normally happen that easy nor does it happen to us a majority of the time. We don't get by that easy. But my point is this: these lines that Winslet says are borderline tear-jerking because I feel that we've all been there. And if you haven't, you certainly will feel this feeling at least once in your life. Her words will prepare you. And maybe make you tear up like they did to me.


So true

No comments:

Post a Comment