Tuesday, October 11, 2011

DC Trip Recapage

A little VERY overdue but about four weekends ago, the biffle nugg and I headed down south to the Nation's capital ("where we murder for capital!") to see our friends from study abroad Mary & Margaret. Although it was a short visit, it was much needed. Seeing two of some of the most amazing people I've met and became such good friends with in a span of four and a half months in a far away country is something I will always hold near and dear to that space where my heart is supposed to be. Haha just kidding, I am a good-hearted person...most of the time.

I don't know how to go about sharing this adventure considering it was so long ago so I'll quickly recap:
  • A shit ton of traffic heading to Jersey City where the BN currently resides. Why, oh why, did I opt for the Henry Hudson instead of the GWB, I'll never know. Fuck you, GPS.
  • Her new digs are nice. The area, not so much. But I'm sure Jersey City has its hideaway nice areas. But seriously, the kids getting out of high school and running all over the narrow streets made getting to her a place a nightmare. Let's just say I locked my doors.
  • She lives with 3 cats...how adorable. No, but seriously, they are so coot!
  • The drive down to DC was great. We chatted, which made the ride seem to go by. Listened to Nicki Minaj & David Guetta. Aaaand there was no traffic! Even better.
  • We stayed at Margaret's place, which was awesome and so nice! And then we met up with Mary and headed to The Front Page, a nice bar in the DuPont Circle area.
Reunited. Such a great weekend :)
  • Woke up slightly hungover and headed to brunch a place called Scion, on the corner of P Street and 21st. Three words: Bottomless Bloody Mary's, which is what we did and by 2pm I was "ready" to walk around DC. 
  • We walked aimlessly in the DC sunshine, found a Caribou in DC! Coffee goodness from the heart of the Midwest; the BN got me hooked when I visited her a few summers ago in Minneapolis. 

  • I wasn't feeling so downtrodden after my Hazelnut Northern Lite Iced Coffee :) We head to Dangerously Delicious Pies. The outside of it reminded me Williamsburg, BK. The inside played Arcade Fire and was laid back and quiet. The seats had pies and crossbones sprayed painted on them. This place served not only sweet pies but savory ones as well like quiches and pot pies. I helped myself to a slice called the Baltimore Bomb - vanilla, shortbread, buttermilk, and fudge. So bad but so good at the same time. If I had to die, this would probably the best way to do it, right? Oh, and I'm glad I got to try this before I decided to stop eating dairy. 
AMAZINGGGG
  • After a nice nap, Margs, BN & I hit up Chinatown for dinner and saw the Basilica near CUA and the Capitol. We also came across a Rita's! So the BN got to try one of the amazing eats I get back in Delaware. It's Italian Water Ice. So good. 
  • The BN and I left early the next morning and headed back to the Empire State. Ugh. Considering it was September 11th and the ten-year anniversary of the Towers falling, no one was on the road. Except for cops. In total I saw 25 cop cars on the road. And I nearly cried driving over the GWB. All in all, it was an epic weekend in such a beautiful city. I hope to go back soon to see my lovely fwiends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment