Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Did I ever tell you about that one time...

1. I went to a concert in Brooklyn and didn't even stay for the main act?
Kind of a bummer but I still had a great time! Two weeks ago I went to Prospect Park with my friend LT to see Foster the People open for Cut Copy. Mind you, FTP, although just the opening act along with some other band that wasn't that great, was theeee shit. We mainly wanted to go to the show just to see those cute boys sing "Helena Beat" and "Pumped Up Kicks" among their other awesome songs from their album, Torches. Don't get me wrong, I loveee Cut Copy but we basically didn't stay because we were kind of...you know...plastered. Yeah, Limited Edition Absolut San Francisco does that to you. But it was oh, so derishous - flavors of Grape, Dragon Fruit, and Papaya in and around mah mouth.

The culprit.

So while we rode the subway to Prospect Park, we, as wise concert-goers do, pregamed :)

But LT had this tote bag with her that carried an unopened bottled of Sprite Zero that was bouncing around on our way to the subway. By the time she opened it...yeah, I think you know what happens when a carbonated beverage that's been shaken, stirred, bounced, swaddled profusely does so you get the idea. We had an array of hipsters, after-work commuters, Brooklynites stare in awe as the zero-calorie chaser got on me, LT, and the chick sitting next to her who was listening to her iPod. Ohmmmmaga, this chick's face was priceless - a look of disgust as if someone just called her a 'cunt' or something really, really, nasty. I tried to hold in my laughter. Actually, I just let some chuckles out as I typed that. Ohhh, memories. The concert was great. We saw, hmmm, I'd say the a majority of FTP. Then bounced before Cut Copy came on.

We also made new friends in the park. No beverages were allowed into the venue, so we had to down our San Fran Absolut before the concert. WOOF. LT was hankering for a hot dog and I saw people using this grill outside of the venue."I think they're selling hot dogs over there," I said. "Hey! You guys selling hot dogs?!" she shouted over to the three ladies and a child running around. "No, were not," one lady said kindly.

#oops.

They were celebrating one of the lady's birthdays with a nice cookout. They charged LT $3 for a hotdog. #sleazy.

What was great about that subway ride were 2 things:
1. The serious hipster dude in his cuffed, skinny jeans, white button up, hipster hair, and Harry Potter sunglasses made the best surprised face ever. Like dis... :o
2. The iPod chick who got sOoOo irritated was listening to Britney Spears's "Stronger."

LT shouldn't have apologize to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment