Saturday, August 6, 2011

Did I ever tell you about that one time...

 1. I totaled my car a few weeks ago and had to get a new one?
This sucked. Like beyonddd sucked #balls. Basically, I was on my way to the gym early one Thursday morning. No traffic, quiet streets, the sun was peakin' out all the while I absentmindedly go through an intersection and a 2009 Toyota decides to introduce itself to my car by hitting it. It was my first accident I've gotten into. Not a great way to start my day. Ended up not going into work, dealing with insurance companies, getting a rental, crying, freaking out about insurance premiums & just basically beating myself up about making a huge error in judgement - not even judgement, but lack of attention. After much deliberation with the parentals and test-driving of vehicles (that took place ALLLLL day today), we decided to go with a 2011 Subaru Impreza hatchback nugget. I preferred red but they didn't have it but the silver is growing on me. It's all-wheel drive so hopefully it'll get me through New York winters with ease. I'm gonna miss Sheila. Her and I had an intense relationship but I don't think she liked the way I drove her compared to when my mom had her. We'll see what Wally thinks of me. Welcome to the family, Wally.
Bye Sheila
Hello Wally

2. I went to Butter a few Saturdays ago and got shit faced plastered and puked outside the window of my friend's backseat?
Yeah, well that happened. Bubba's friend came into town from Boston to visit her and we went with our promoter friend (the one who FAILED to get us into Lavo when Calvin Harris & Beyonce & Jay-Z were there) to Butter. Epic night; didn't realize that much vodka fueled my insides to the point where it wanted to escape the same way it went in. It was great how when we arrived, the downstairs was still in semi-dinner mode but around 1230am it got bustlin' and people were not sitting in the lovely semi-circle dinner booths but rather standing on them raging. My outfit was pretty sick too - leopard-print mini skirt from Urban Outfitters, a black cropped graphic tee from Pacsun and my new Steve Madden wedges with some sex wave hair. Our guy friends met up with us around 145am and we all danced and fist-pumped until 3ish when our friend offered to drive us home - they drove in. Oh, and what was also great was on our way into the city we took the train and the conductor clearly looked at me and didn't even take my ticket! Awesome! And since our friend drove us back to New Gross, I didn't need to use my ticket. Great way to save some dough. But I ended up getting sick, passing out in my bathroom and not realizing how I got into my bed the next morning. My lovely roommate from downstairs who not only drove us all back home took me outta the bathroom and put me to bed. The next morning I was welcomed with THE worst hangover of the summer.

3. I went to the Hamptons to visit my Boobalah, celebrated Christmas in July, and got thrown up on in a cab by a good friend?
This happened last Saturday. MK and I went to West Hampton Beach to visit Katie who was babysitting for a family she's been working for during the school year. They had a house out there and the dad was involved in a few business ventures out that way - bars in fact. This meant that since MK and I were visiting and Katie wouldn't have to be babysitting that night, we would be going out to one of his places having a great time with lots of free alcohol. It was also Katie's last weekend out there so it was critical for her to experience The Drift Inn. It was an outdoor/indoor beach bar with lots of space to dance and fist-pump and experience the less humid summer air along Dune Road. Not only did we get chauffeured by a bouncer to The Drift, but we also got to walk right past the long-azz line outside. #VIPstatus #holla. Characters like Jesus, Santa Claus, and a Christmas tree were behind the main outdoor bar pouring shots and serving ice cold cans of Bud Light. We were served a many a shot and drink fo' free. Katie's boss told Jesus to take care of us. God Bless him :) But the free booze served to be too much for MK considering on the cab ride home, she threw up on my arm. Yeah, that happened. We were forced to trek the rest of the way home, luckily it was only a ten minute walk/stumble/dropped-MK-a-few-times/laughed-during-a-pee-break/struggle back to the residence we were staying at. Aside from being vomited on and dodging a $125 fine/having a cop drive up to us asking if we "just got out of a cab", I had SUCH a great weekend in The Hamps :) The quote of the night: "I can't believe we dropped her...twice!" Oh, and we got uber tan and sun-kissed and totes saw Michael J. Fox at the beach! #winningweekend.
How was that for a few weekends worth of blog post stories? 

No comments:

Post a Comment