Saturday, July 9, 2011

Home again

Oh, the perks of being home, or haome as I pronounce it. Such a relaxing place. After being in New York, going out and being reckless, traveling to fun and adventurous places, I definitely needed a break. I still have to blog about DMB, 4th of July, my recent reckless behavior, new adventures, and the like. I've been updating this shiz with quick tunes and vids but haven't really found the time to really sit down and get back into it like I used to.

So, with being home, I think this is a great time to tune out the great Northeast and come back to my roots - sitting at my dining room table jamming to a mix of mashups, Mac Miller, and...Ray LaMontagne. He has suuuch a beautiful voice and after hearing him live at the Caravan two weeks ago, I fell in lurve with him even more.

With that said, I may just start off with a recap of two weeks ago...
There he is!
To kick off his 4-show Caravan as I've stated in this preview sort of post weeks ago, DMB performed along with an array of other artists for 3 days at Bader Field in Atlantic City, New Jersey.


The venue was an abandoned airfield that filled to the brim with fans, hippies, old folk DMB fans, kids, babies, and hoola-hooping hipster chicks. The weekend was sun-filled and wind-ridden. The dust from the abandoned field smothered everyone so even attempting to stay clean was out of the question.                                    
Dave played epic sets every night, with the rest of the day being filled with tunes from other artists. But during the day, we did water-based activities back at the Steinberg residence where we were staying. All 14 of us DMB fans were hitting the jet skis, soaking up some sun, wake boarding, tubing and hanging out. It was a relaxing 3 day weekend with friends, sun, and music. I give props to Bassnectar, who's set was sick and had every one dancing, swaying, bobbing to dubstep. Take note of the hoola-hooping/smoking hippie chick (mind you, she's doing two things at once - impressive). I went up to her after I took that picture and said how my friends and I were admiring her from afar of her awesome skillage. "Aww thanks! I have that shirt," she responds in a bubbly manner. Somewhat confused, I blurt out, "What?" "I have that shirt. Forever 21?" "Yeah!" And we part ways cordially. We made new friends like that. I'll miss the Caravan...a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment