Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mud.

Last night ("I let the party get the best of me//Waking up in the morning, two hoes laying next to me")...Baha had to say it - that song has been on the radio for a while now. But anyways, last night I went to the city and went to dinnah with RCC (Really Cool Chick). I call her Goose though.

I haven't really gotten the chance to explore the cool eating places and hang outs of L.E.S. I mean, the only reason I headed down that way was when Cooper 35 was still around (R.I.P. wahh). That place was BOMB - cheap grub, cheap STRONG drinks, fun crowd, chill atmosphere (they left old Valentine's Day decorations up probably from way before the biffle nug and I found the place 4 years ago), and it was called an "Asian Pub." Sort of an oxymoron dontcha think? It's closed now, so that forces me to find other places for chill, relaxing hang out seshes with my biddies. Goose recommended this place called Mud, which I've heard of before but only because I've seen their bright, orange ice-cream truck selling coffee on the streets. So cute by the way.
Their physical location was just as cool as their truck. Narrow entrance but in the back there was prime, outdoorish seating. Great for chill, hang timez. The menu was healthful but delish and Mud offered vegetarian/vegan* options for those...you know...hipsters ;)
*Goose be a vegan goose. She's still cool though. So far.
I hadn't had a good salad in a while, so I opted for the MUDmama House Salad - mixed field greens, tomato, carrots, hemp seeds (which I think they forgot to throw in there...bitches), and AVOCADO & orange vinaigrette on the side. It was fresh & good & colorful & scrumptious & so uber hipster that I wanted to rock my personality glasses and hobo hat.
BOMB.
I was hoping to find Alex Ebert of Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros in the back playing music with his tribe of downtown L.A. hippies. Ugh he makes me jimp...
I don't know what it is about him...
Maybe next time he'll be there if he's ever in New York. Oh, and something good to point out is this place is CASH ONLY. So bring plenty of moolah so you don't make really cool chicks, like Goose (so far), pay the tab. I owe you, lady! More info on this spectacular spot here: http://www.themudtruck.com/spots.html

No comments:

Post a Comment