Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy Day.

For some odd reason, I was in good spirits yesterday. I have absofuckinglutely no idea why I was in such a good mood but I was. I had work to do at the office but I wasn't overwhelmed with heaps of work nor was I insanely bored. I had some great convos with mah peeps while I was the office via my crackberry. Even talking with a few of my co-workers was just awesome too. I met up with a good friend fo' dinnah last night and had an amazing time. We caught up on old stuff and discussed new stuff, exchanging advice on an array of things that we were both going through. The catch-up dinner was not only delish but it was comforting too. I'm glad that he was doing well and he also said he was having an awesome day. Was it because we both were recently employed? Maybe. Was it  because we were both going through some life changes recently? Could be.Was it because I now I have more time to pursue other interests and not have to worry about crew, class, tests, and being jobless? Partly. I'm fortunate to be able to have great conversation and feel comfortable around someone I haven't seen in 8 months.We kinda could just tell that planning this dinner was just gonna go in the right direction and it did :)

"I could tell when I saw you that you were really happy," he said to me when we drove into the city for...SUSHIIIIIIII. Noms. The place was Momoya in Chelsea. Cool ambiance, but a bit loud. Great prices for some awesome sushi. Shoulda took pics. Damn. Next time.

Yesterday was just unexplainably great. I almost tweeted this saying: "It's disgusting how happy I am today."

Although yesterday was great, I'm still skeptical about how long this happy streak will last. And I have a feeling it won't. I remember time after time feeling like everything is slowlyyyy falling into place only to have the rug pulled right underneath me. Looking back on yesterday, I asked myself, "Wait a minute. There's is something terribly wrong with this picture. Why is today running smoothly? This is unreal."

It's not a crime to be this happy because I have friends who are super duper happy all the time. I should probably learn from them. When I studied abroad in Australia, there was a rumor that Australians were such friendly people because they were in the sun all the time - granted, the sun down under isn't humid, sticky hot like in Amuuurica.

We'll see how far along I go with this good mood I'm in. I'll probably have my crabby fits with my stank face on occasionally but who doesn't?*
*this is mainly due to the fact that our new place is an ice box in the morning (central air being revved up to maximum coldness is so unnecessary) and when I leave my room to pee, I dread making that 30 foot walk down the freezing cold hallway. Wahh. 

I'm falling into my own rather comfortably. But I'm still fearful of "fucking shit up" as I would say to my friends. "Just ride the wave," as my friend said last night. Mind you, he is no surfer. But I'll take his advice.

Here's a great article from Thoughtcatalog about happiness that I slightly agree with:
Things That Make People Happy.
(especially the part about the Internet. Ant & I were in deep conversation about it last night, about how it's addicting like drogas. Eh, not good). Reading this article actually put me in good spirits. Bahh, the little things in life! <<Insert dancing BBM smiley here>>

PS: What also made me happy was finding out about two fun activities Tor and I will be doing this summer: she got us tickets to JIG, the Irish Dancing documentary we've been creamin' to see and now it's finally out and we're going to the city next week to see it. Whoo! I blogged about it back in February. Also, we're planning yet another Catskills weekend. No phone service, no glamorous living. Just the mountains, some DMB tunes, and great company to soak up the sun with :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment